Sponsored

Now considering a Mach 1

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Can you explain about launch control? How to set it and use it...

Thanks.
Sure! First you go into your settings and turn on launch control and set what RPM you want to launch at. Once it is enabled you stage your car, release the brake, hold down the clutch, and press on the accelerator. The RPMs will shoot up to your pre selected RPM and will hit an artificial rev limiter that keeps it from going higher. After that you just dump the clutch and launch.
Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sure! First you go into your settings and turn on launch control and set what RPM you want to launch at. Once it is enabled you stage your car, release the brake, hold down the clutch, and press on the accelerator. The RPMs will shoot up to your pre selected RPM and will hit an artificial rev limiter that keeps it from going higher. After that you just dump the clutch and launch.
Track Mode, Drag Mode or any Mode?

Thanks.

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Track Mode, Drag Mode or any Mode?

Thanks.
It works in any mode. The best part is that unlike my former Focus RS, launch control stays active after you turn it on. On the RSs without an aftermarket tune enabling "always on launch control" you would have to go into the menu each time to activate it. Once you turn it on in the Mach it remains active every time you are at a stop and have the clutch in.

Edit: You can tell when it is active by looking at the bottom of your screen. It will have LC there when it is turned on.

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I currently drive a pristine 2016 Challenger SRT, and am seriously considering trading for a Mach 1 manual. I would love a test drive but no dealers here in DFW will allow. Any former Challengers owners here who now have a Mach 1? If so, would love to hear your thoughts going from/to.
My dad had a Hell Cat before he traded it in for the new C6 Corvette and I got to drive it a few times. I would say that they (The Challenger and the Mach) are both great cars, but I definitely like the interior in the Challenger more. I love my Mach, but Ford seems to always cut corners a bit more when it comes to the application of cheaper plastic in my opinion. I also like the way the "cockpit" of the Challenger wraps around the driver much more. As far as the overall driving experience, though, the Mach wins hands down in my opinion. Ford does very well at making "drivers" cars. While I love the feature in the Challenger that allows you to cant the shifter toward the driver (I mean, I REALLY love that feature!) This tremmic is just on a whole other level. The diving experience just can't be beat. It is also less of a land yacht, and I prefer smaller cars so take that as you will. I mean coming from a Focus RS I thought that car was bigger than it needed to be and it was smaller than the Mach.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Just my 2cents coming from nothing but motorcycles and stick shift Mustangs for the last 24 years.
The reason I traded up to the Mach was to try out the A10. It was a very hard decision to make but I will tell you this,
It’s very fun and engaging still! The paddles in sport mode are a blast, especially with the h-pipe resonator delete snap, crackle, poping and gurgling! I get all the rev matching fun and when I’m done playing, turn off the paddles and chill.
I don’t regret the decision so far.
Plus I have the white cue ball too! Lol

4169A0FC-8DB8-468B-AA52-8D6D5EFBC9CB.jpeg

Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Just my 2cents coming from nothing but motorcycles and stick shift Mustangs for the last 24 years.
The reason I traded up to the Mach was to try out the A10. It was a very hard decision to make but I will tell you this,
It’s very fun and engaging still! The paddles in sport mode are a blast, especially with the h-pipe resonator delete snap, crackle, poping and gurgling! I get all the rev matching fun and when I’m done playing, turn off the paddles and chill.
I don’t regret the decision so far.
Plus I have the white cue ball too! Lol

4169A0FC-8DB8-468B-AA52-8D6D5EFBC9CB.jpeg
Not to hijack but is that shifter easy to install?

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
Yes, please share the details on the cue ball top for the A10 shifter.

As far as the auto/manual, that debate will go on for ever. Everyone has their own bias and preferences. For me, it was the A10 that sold me on the M1, not getting any younger and knees are bone on bone, can't handle that clutch in stop and go traffic.

As far as the admin fee, I was able to find mine on the lot, 100 miles away just like I would have ordered it, dealer would not take A,X or Z plan and they had a $495 "admin fee", which sucks but fair in my opinion considering any other dealers within 300 miles had $5K to $20K premiums.

At the time I didn't know about Zach at Grainger and what he had going.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thanks for all of the good and constructive feedback guys. I'm meeting with a local dealer today to "appraise" my Mustang yet they won't tell me about Mach 1 pricing yet so I'm going in with low expectations.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Not to hijack but is that shifter easy to install?
It's the White Madness product. Beautiful finish and weight... feels like a billiards cue ball.
Install took me a little over an hour, mainly because I was being careful not to break the plastic bezel. I wouldn't call it easy, you need to be careful. dropping a screw or breaking a clip made it a nail biter but totally worth it!

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
What sold me on the Mach 1 was the test drive. Because of the steeper Tremec gearing, it feels as quick as my MT-82 with 4.09’s. Also loved the seats and exhaust, the seats were so much more pleasant than my Recaros. The Magneride was a big plus for comfort in normal mode over my car’s track suspension setup. But other than that I remember thinking this feels like driving any other Mustang on the street, might have felt different on the track. If my car was an automatic PP1 with Magneride and active exhaust though, an automatic Mach probably wouldn’t have been worth trading for.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I initially tried carvana and got offered kbb low trade in. Plus I would have had to bring them the car with the closest drop off point almost 800 miles from me. Thanks to some guys in another thread I tired vroom. They were way higher on the offer and picked it up from my work.
I'm considering Vroom since their offer moments ago was a full $4K above what I was expecting -- recognizing the prices are changing as new car production is slowed. Anything to watch out for with Vroom?

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
My 17 GT was $44,370 on MSRP. Ended up paying $35,900 before TTL after discounts and my Ford private cash stacked on stop of it. I'll never pay more than MSRP. So far, Zach at Granger is winning the orders game.
They don't charge ADM here for a GT, they nail people For GT 350. 500, Bullitt, Mach ETC

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
It's the White Madness product. Beautiful finish and weight... feels like a billiards cue ball.
Install took me a little over an hour, mainly because I was being careful not to break the plastic bezel. I wouldn't call it easy, you need to be careful. dropping a screw or breaking a clip made it a nail biter but totally worth it!
Just checked it out and it comes in green and can be engraved. SOLD!!

Thanks for the info!
Sponsored