No Tune CAI....?

Oscar6790

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Anybody had problems installing the no tune roush intake on 2018+ and getting wrench light? I tried cleaning the filter, cleaning the MAF and still comes on. It's not on limp mode, just the light is on.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP

Oscar6790

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Any codes present?
I got 3 codes. P0113 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 High Input. P0103 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit high input. P0073 Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit high input. I dont think the last one has anything to do with the wrench light since it's just pointing out the ambient temp sensor, nothing related to the intake.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Check all the connectors you unplugged to install the CAI. That’s most likely where your issue lies.

OP
OP

Oscar6790

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Check all the connectors you unplugged to install the CAI. That’s most likely where your issue lies.
I unplugged everything to clean it throughly. The light went off but lit back up mid trip. The car runs just fine but the light is there

Sponsored

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Check for a broken ground wire? Guessing all 3 of these sensors are on the same harness?

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Have a K&N CAI on my 2019 GT350 - no problem from day 1.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Put the stock cai back in and see if it goes away. Then I would leave it in because it is just as good or better

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Put the stock cai back in and see if it goes away. Then I would leave it in because it is just as good or better
This is true - there's been many threads on this site since the inception of the S550 and general consensus has been that the factory airbox assembly is quite efficient. If you're looking to upgrade anything along the air box path, it would be the main intake tube. I've seen many folks go with the Airaid intake tube as a direct replacement.

Also get a better breathing air filter as well. Aftermarket choices for drop ins wouid be oiled bs non-oiled. Essentially all aftermarket air filter designs are extremely similar as far as mesh design, materials used and airflow cfm's - you're paying more for a name than anything. Preference to oiled vs. non-oiled is totally up to the individual.
Sponsored