Sponsored

CAI No Tune Question

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I have been lurking for a long time reading all the threads about the different intake systems and tunes. I originally was going to get an intake and a custom Lund tune, but the more I read... the more scared I am to screw with the computer and risk issues so I think for now, until I have the car paid off or have a separate vehicle for getting me to work I am going to avoid flashing the computer.

My question is -- has anyone ran a CAI that does NOT experience any funkyness with the engine without a custom tune? Any recommendations? I see a lot of people saying stock intake is just as good as aftermarket. I do have a catback system so I am thinking I may benefit from the intake but I want to run something that doesn't require a tune.

Any info/advise would be appreciated
Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Run an Airaid CAI. No tune required and looks snazzy.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
No prob. I ran one in my car for a bit, and in my opinion engine bay "snazziness" increased by 30%. The build quality is outstanding.

OP
OP

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
No prob. I ran one in my car for a bit, and in my opinion engine bay "snazziness" increased by 30%. The build quality is outstanding.
Did you notice any actual performance difference? Did you have any other mods when you were running it? Did you notice a noise difference?

I am very torn because I sit on these forums all day reading everything that everyone is doing to their cars and as much as I would like to go crazy, this is the first time I have had a brand new Mustang and am actually worried about screwing things up. I use it as my daily driver so i'm trying to keep it somewhat reasonable lol. My previous Mustang's I did whatever I wanted without second thought.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
For the most part intakes that require no tune have minimal to no gains. You'll benefit a lot more by going with an intake and custom tune. We offer some pretty awesome packages with custom tunes by Lund Racing and intakes from JLT, Airaid as well as Steeda.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-mustang-v8-gt/2015-ford-mustang-gt/power-packs

For our car we used the JLT intake and had excellent results. Track and dyno proven!

If you have any other questions or need assistance placing an order please feel free to give me a call and I'll be glad to assist you. We're Lund Racing's largest dealer and are here to earn your business.

Thanks, Jared
561-753-8105 ext 201†le

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Did you notice any actual performance difference? Did you have any other mods when you were running it? Did you notice a noise difference?

I am very torn because I sit on these forums all day reading everything that everyone is doing to their cars and as much as I would like to go crazy, this is the first time I have had a brand new Mustang and am actually worried about screwing things up. I use it as my daily driver so i'm trying to keep it somewhat reasonable lol. My previous Mustang's I did whatever I wanted without second thought.
Nothing gained with the Airaid, outside of "snazziness", so I switched it up. I ran a JLT set up with a Lund tune and made some really good gains, both on the butt dyno and on an actual dyno. I ran that set up until this past weekend, because I just supercharged the car. You WILL notice stronger performance out of your car with a good tune, and the intake enhances that.

I personally go through Lethal and Lund for most of my stuff, but Beefcake, Livernois, and a few of the others know their shit as well. All of them have some beastly cars on the road terrorizing Camaros and Challengers alike.

For the most part intakes that require no tune have minimal to no gains. You'll benefit a lot more by going with an intake and custom tune. We offer some pretty awesome packages with custom tunes by Lund Racing and intakes from JLT, Airaid as well as Steeda.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...ustang-v8-gt/2015-ford-mustang-gt/power-packs

For our car we used the JLT intake and had excellent results. Track and dyno proven!

If you have any other questions or need assistance placing an order please feel free to give me a call and I'll be glad to assist you. We're Lund Racing's largest dealer and are here to earn your business.

Thanks, Jared
561-753-8105 ext 201†le
Pretty much what they said, and when your install is complete it will look like whats above.
FYI, if you are interested in an intake that requires a tune, I still have my JLT lying around. Make a decent offer and its yours.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I agree with them. I have had similar experiences. JLT and Lund is a great combo. Nothing to worry about.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
I plan on running the steeda pro-flow. Can run without a tune then once u decide to, pull out the insert and load up the Lund tune and bam!

OP
OP

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I agree with them. I have had similar experiences. JLT and Lund is a great combo. Nothing to worry about.
Except the off chance I have some kind of issue that I want covered under warranty and have to deal with potential denial due to flashing the CPU. I hear great things about that combo. Still thinking about it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Nothing gained with the Airaid, outside of "snazziness", so I switched it up. I ran a JLT set up with a Lund tune and made some really good gains, both on the butt dyno and on an actual dyno. I ran that set up until this past weekend, because I just supercharged the car. You WILL notice stronger performance out of your car with a good tune, and the intake enhances that.

I personally go through Lethal and Lund for most of my stuff, but Beefcake, Livernois, and a few of the others know their shit as well. All of them have some beastly cars on the road terrorizing Camaros and Challengers alike.

Pretty much what they said, and when your install is complete it will look like whats above.
FYI, if you are interested in an intake that requires a tune, I still have my JLT lying around. Make a decent offer and its yours.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I have a feeling that any " reasonable" offer for it I could make, I may just be better off just buying the CAI and tune combo that everyone sells and getting it new but I'll definitely PM you should I decide to pull the trigger and talk numbers. Really appreciate all the input!

Brad Michaels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 P/P

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...ustang-v8-gt/2015-ford-mustang-gt/power-packs

Thanks, Jared
561-753-8105 ext 201†le

Do you have dyno results with the JLT and tune only on a NA application?

On another note, How about the AIRRAID with no tune dyno results.

Thanks

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
You have to run a tune with the jlt

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Do you have dyno results with the JLT and tune only on a NA application?

On another note, How about the AIRAID with no tune dyno results.

Thanks
We only run JLT on our shop cars so I don't have any back to back dyno results with the Airaid.

Here's the results we got from the JLT intake and Lund Racing tune on 93 octane.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
Sponsored