Sponsored

No More New Mustangs for a While!

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
There has to be an order number to get a VIN. Mine was the 4 digit order preview number.
Sorry yes I did get the order number after all, but the US site doesn't seem to work for us Canadians
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Sorry yes I did get the order number after all, but the US site doesn't seem to work for us Canadians
BTW took the wife and kids to Toronto for vacation a few years ago and visited Mississauga, beautiful town we loved it.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
BTW took the wife and kids to Toronto for vacation a few years ago and visited Mississauga, beautiful town we loved it.
It's nice here but getting pretty crowded with all the condominiums building everywhere

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the parts in high demand are cheap-sh*t parts, not hundreds/thousands/copy items. We (USA) long since eviscerated our low margin manufacturing capacity. I find it hilarious that Detroit is whinging and think Xiden and his little proclamation is going to damn thing. Now if that theoretical FoxConn plant in WI were to be retasked as a Foundary or Micron/Intel/TI could be bankrolled by a cooperative of US automakers to make their supply domestically, it would be a long-term strategic play. But that would require forward-looking planning longer than 3 month horizon which US companies are allertic to.

Nothing will/can be done about the shortage and no lessons will be learned. 4th quarter the pressure will come down and this incident will be forgotten by Jan 2022. Until the Chinese decide to invade Taiwan and really cook the global chip supply but good. What a marvelous bargaining chip - hold the entire world hostage over cheap ICs.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
the parts in high demand are cheap-sh*t parts, not hundreds/thousands/copy items. We (USA) long since eviscerated our low margin manufacturing capacity. I find it hilarious that Detroit is whinging and think Xiden and his little proclamation is going to damn thing. Now if that theoretical FoxConn plant in WI were to be retasked as a Foundary or Micron/Intel/TI could be bankrolled by a cooperative of US automakers to make their supply domestically, it would be a long-term strategic play. But that would require forward-looking planning longer than 3 month horizon which US companies are allertic to.

Nothing will/can be done about the shortage and no lessons will be learned. 4th quarter the pressure will come down and this incident will be forgotten by Jan 2022. Until the Chinese decide to invade Taiwan and really cook the global chip supply but good. What a marvelous bargaining chip - hold the entire world hostage over cheap ICs.
That FoxConn "plant" is literally an empty building, there's nothing to retask lol.

It also takes billions of dollars in startup costs to design and set-up the silicone manufacturing lines and that's still not a guarantee things will work. Just look at intel, they've been trying to get their 10nm process to produce products for the past 5 years and they're still having issues.

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Nice I placed an order the first week on April (can't remember the date) but it looks like my car won't be built until the week of June 7th :( so it looks like I won't be getting my car until July or later....

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Isn't "just in time" JIT, inventory management great?
Also, higher profit margin vehicles will be the last to get idled, as in trucks and SUV's.
Joe B. I think I have a car that kinda looks like yours. Can you post photos.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't know that I'd call it thinking in an over-simplistic way, and it's definitely not a far out road you're going down, but it's not how the OEM's operate. They're shutting down whole plants on a staggered basis, based on what platform a given plant produces. Flat Rock Assembly produces the Mustang and Lincoln Continental, both of which are smaller passenger cars. In the current market, with trucks outselling anything else, their strategy will be to try to avoid closing KCAP and Dearborn Truck Plant at all costs (F-150).
Continental got shit canned last year unfortunately, it's just the Mustang now (and for a while they were fixing trash tier Explorers when the CD6 ones were brand new).

But yes, this semiconductor shit is the worst. It really shows all the holes in our system. Once the analysts get a prediction wrong? Oh boy.

Sponsored

atxcobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 500
I wish I could simply get a replacement part for my GT500. After owning it for just under 4 weeks and 200 miles, it had a powertrain failure, and they've had my car for almost a month now, with no ability to get a replacement wiring harness. Anyone have a spare [KR3Z-7C078-B] sitting around? :lipssealed: Ford won't even give the dealer a promise date of when a new harness will be available. Pretty terrible experience so far, with being a first-time Ford owner.

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350 Heritage Edition
Hmm, this is probably too simplistic but wonder if Ford will reprioritize the schedule to build customer orders first before dealer orders? Seems to make sense from a cashflow standpoint to make the cars you already know you can sell, as opposed to cars that may sit on dealer lots for months.

Hey, we can hope, can't we??
I think you are way off in this thinking, I are fairly sure that dealers pay Ford for cars they receive up front. Ford isn't waiting until the car sells before getting paid from the dealer.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Nice I placed an order the first week on April (can't remember the date) but it looks like my car won't be built until the week of June 7th :( so it looks like I won't be getting my car until July or later....
Right there with ya. Ordered April 6th and now with the Flat Rock Plant shutting down for 3 weeks it's not looking good.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There is just "ONE CHIP LEFT"
terminator.gif
Sponsored