what’s the news on this?

C605C868-A81A-4361-A6A9-DFE0E54D7EEA.jpeg
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The partial conversation above is very vague. What dealer? The entire conversation? When was the order placed or attempted to be placed? Did the interested individual check with another dealer or someone directly associated with Ford to confirm?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Overland_LIfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
it's a comment from CJ pony parts latest ford news and updates video for context, in response to someone asking about PP1 Production.

He may have better insight than most of us to the ford plant... not good news if true.

Also kind of bullshit if no one's been given real news / info about this, especially those who've ordered or have been sitting with orders in...

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
Sounds like typical salesman bs to me.

What he meant to say: Buy a basic model and then buy all the aftermarket parts from us so we earn the $$$ :crackup:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Also kind of bullshit if no one's been given real news / info about this, especially those who've ordered or have been sitting with orders in...
Do you know anyone that has a PP on order? Maybe those who have them on order have been notified. Have you checked with a dealer to see if this is the case? Maybe they already know.

Just because Fird hasn’t put out a press release about this doesn’t mean people haven’t been informed. It may well be BS but I’d hold off calling that just based on one text.

Sponsored

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Do you know anyone that has a PP on order? Maybe those who have them on order have been notified. Have you checked with a dealer to see if this is the case? Maybe they already know.

Just because Fird hasn’t put out a press release about this doesn’t mean people haven’t been informed. It may well be BS but I’d hold off calling that just based on one text.
Quite a few of us waiting have PPs on order. Personally, I haven't been told anything. If I don't get a schedule date tomorrow I'll see if there are any constraints but I've been told repeatedly for 4 weeks that there are no known constraints for mustang coups.

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
I know Ford has added this to their website when you go to build and price. It is non-descriptive of what is not available, and the PP option is still listed and can be selected, but you may not get it, the same for the Mach 1 Handling package (still listed no longer available for order on 2022).
Ford.JPG

marshdabeachy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Premium
I have a PP on order with a build date in about 3 weeks. Afaik it's still on, Ford hasn't sent me anything otherwise.

SpursTedLasso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium, PP & Magneride
Seems like he’s quoting ford but I couldn’t find any confirmation elsewhere,

what’s the news on this?

C605C868-A81A-4361-A6A9-DFE0E54D7EEA.jpeg

A reasonable person would take this to mean they’re not taking any more PP orders for 2022, not that they’re just cancelling all prior PP orders. I have learned Ford is not reasonable though so who freaking knows. If my March ***domestic*** PP order gets cancelled I will shit a fckn chicken. This is insane

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
I lIterally checked on Monday and my order is not only still valid, but was moved from Priority Code 19 to Priority Code 2 last week.

There are lots of people with PP orders in the system on the board and with Flatrock being idle for the last two weeks for vacations there has not been much scheduling done that I am aware of. I know that they are scheduling for all of Sep this week, so tomorrow and Friday you should have pretty conclusive proof if this is fact or fiction.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I lIterally checked on Monday and my order is not only still valid, but was moved from Priority Code 19 to Priority Code 2 last week.

There are lots of people with PP orders in the system on the board and with Flatrock being idle for the last two weeks for vacations there has not been much scheduling done that I am aware of. I know that they are scheduling for all of Sep this week, so tomorrow and Friday you should have pretty conclusive proof if this is fact or fiction.
Fingers crossed for all of you PP buyers that CJ’s info was incorrect and that you will all get your cars. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
They didn't say they weren't building any more PP1 in MY2022. They said they were not accepting any more orders for PP1.

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
They didn't say they weren't building any more PP1 in MY2022. They said they were not accepting any more orders for PP1.
Go read it again... they say if it's not already built it won't be a MY22

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
Go read it again... they say if it's not already built it won't be a MY22
Watch the actual video,

If you don't want to watch it, he says the following...
"You can still order a 2022, but if you do want one and you probably want to look more towards a base model as a lot of the options are no longer available for 2022 there will be no more Performance Pack options available and also with Mach 1 no Deluxe and no handling pack. So again, dealers have said that if you do want to get a 2022, a base model is going to be the way to go."

What I get from watching it:
  1. Sounds to me like Ford is simplifying the orders to close out the year. Less options means less part-outs and clean-up work at the end and simplifying the sourcing of all the parts to make what they are on the hook for.
  2. Sounds like if you are trying to order right now, your options are limited.
  3. Sounds like they are reporting what they have "heard from dealerships", not inside sources.
But hey, I have provided the link to the actual video at the time he is talking about it instead of just a snippet from the comments. Take a look for yourself and see what you think. I would like to hear what everyone else thinks.

And for confirmation the option is still available on Ford's site, for what that is worth...

Yup.jpg

Last edited:

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Yeah, you can’t right away take one unofficial message as gospel. No one knows for sure, but most likely it just means Ford isn’t accepting PP orders anymore, at least for now. I have a Mach 1 on order and was told that Ford is not taking new orders for the premium package (700a) as that seems to be a big reason for a lot of delays, and they want to try to catch up on the orders they do have. The way it was told to me, it seems like it may not be a permanent decision and that if they think they can continue making more with that option, it may open back up again. Now I find it somewhat unlikely given the time in the year and where orders are, but it’s possible the same is true for the PP option.
Sponsored