Sponsored

No more PP1 production for 2022?

rhorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT in Mischievous Purple
I have a PP on order with a build date in about 3 weeks. Afaik it's still on, Ford hasn't sent me anything otherwise.
Same. 6MT PP GT with a build date week of Aug 8, no notice that it’s delayed or changing.
Sponsored

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Watch the actual video,

If you don't want to watch it, he says the following...
"You can still order a 2022, but if you do want one and you probably want to look more towards a base model as a lot of the options are no longer available for 2022 there will be no more Performance Pack options available and also with Mach 1 no Deluxe and no handling pack. So again, dealers have said that if you do want to get a 2022, a base model is going to be the way to go."

What I get from watching it:
  1. Sounds to me like Ford is simplifying the orders to close out the year. Less options means less part-outs and clean-up work at the end and simplifying the sourcing of all the parts to make what they are on the hook for.
  2. Sounds like if you are trying to order right now, your options are limited.
  3. Sounds like they are reporting what they have "heard from dealerships", not inside sources

Very interesting! (yes, I wish the actual video had been listed or I wish I was awake enough at the time to notice it was [too lazy to scroll right now to see which is the fact lol]).

So a question is - if the 2023 is basically the same, why would they stop PP installs until 2023? Same with the M1 Handling Packs... Unless they're basically saying they see what they have on hand (parts wise) and what they will be able to build by November and they're at the point now where it will spill over into 2023 so no more 22s to be ordered with those packages. Ok - that makes sense. I withdrawal my pondering and resume my coffee.

Regardless, I hope mine gets scheduled tomorrow lol.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I see no reason for panicking after a rumor.

Has Ford pulled it from their site? No.
Has Ford stopped exporting S550s to EU? No (EU stangs have most of the PP parts by default)
Has any of us received any communication by Ford? No. And there are many of us waiting, many of which I bet have the Performance Package.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
As expected it's BS... Look at the tracking thread right now. Multiple people got the email today with build dates for their PP options, me included.

CJ needs to talk to their "source"...

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i just got an email for another build with a PP1 package.

Sponsored

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
I work at Ford so maybe I can add insight. They're still taking PP1 factory orders. However, they're not building PP1 for inventory at Ford dealers. It can only be ordered. Maybe that's what he's talking about? Who knows

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I work at Ford so maybe I can add insight. They're still taking PP1 factory orders. However, they're not building PP1 for inventory at Ford dealers. It can only be ordered. Maybe that's what he's talking about? Who knows
It makes sense with the impending presentation of the next gen, probably they want to clear out the inventory and leave on the lots only cars that dealers can sell more easily.

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
I ordered a GT with the PP last weekend and got a build date the following Tuesday for 8/29. Nobodys told me anything except the dealer said they have 1 allocation for a mustang and gave it to me and said to expect at least 16 weeks for delivery. I’m really stoked about the car, I haven't had a mustang since 2017.

OP
OP

Overland_LIfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
OP Here,

I received a build date as well, scheduled 8/2/22.

May be pushed back as we know but very exciting none the less,

Sounds like it may just be stock orders going out, and they're still, or were, still available for customer order.
Sponsored