No map/trunk/vanity mirror lights

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Hope I chose the right fuse- the 'on demand light' in the #1 slot on passenger side footwell, a 10amp seemed to be what controls these. Fuse looked OK but I tried another, still no lights. Tried the buttons on the map lights and opened the mirrors and trunk- still no lights. What else should I check. Someone mentioned maybe a former owner turned these features off in the FORscan. Seemed doubtful to me, but?????? Ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Hope I chose the right fuse- the 'on demand light' in the #1 slot on passenger side footwell, a 10amp seemed to be what controls these. Fuse looked OK but I tried another, still no lights. Tried the buttons on the map lights and opened the mirrors and trunk- still no lights. What else should I check. Someone mentioned maybe a former owner turned these features off in the FORscan. Seemed doubtful to me, but?????? Ideas?
Someone surely has some ideas on why my 'on demand' lights wont work in the Mustang? map/vanity mirrors/trunk lights..........

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
UPDATE!
Just figured out that my TRUNK light and glove box light are working, so its just the two vanity lights and two map lights that are not. I dont see the old style bumpers in the door jambs that used to activate the dome/map lights, so there must be a sensor someplace that turns them on/off- in addition to the manual buttons beside each one. I've played w/the buttons on each light to no avail. Not sure if the map and vanity lights are connected to the same power feed either. Any and all leads w/be greatly appreciated!

treddekopp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
My 2018 I had a similar issue. I think the 2015-2017 has a different setup because there is no fuse controlling the vanity and homelink for 2018+ models. On another thread, some people noted they replaced the entire sun visor and it fixed their issue. Mine was the same and I actually took apart my driver side sun visor (not easy to do) and found a short in the wires. The issue is these visors can extend and retract to block the sun and the wires eventually break from being pulled and pushed. I used that feature daily and after a few years, it gave out. You can only disassemble the visor by cutting the sewn seam all along the bottom and folding it out of the way to reveal the screws holding the visor together. I fixed my broken wires, but would have been much easier to just replace the whole thing.
Sponsored