Sponsored

Trunk light blown fuse

saintsokwitit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT
Here we go again....Changing this bulb out with an LED has to be the biggest pain in the ass in the world and evidently I shorted out my light because I couldn't get any bulbs to work. I tried the LED and like a dumb ass grabbed the nearest thing, which was a small screw driver, to pry out the bulb. After I bot the original bulb out I tried the LED both ways and it wouldn't work then I tried putting the original bulb back in and it wouldn't work so now I'm assuming I blew a fuse but can't find which fuse because the great owners manual doesn't list it. Can someone give me a hand as to which fuse powers the trunk light so I can correct my issue.
Sponsored

ThomasL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT
Trunk fuse is the same as the interior lights fuse so those are likely out as well if it is in fact a blown fuse. It's the bottom left fuse as you look at them. So I think fuse #1. Located on the floor board of the passenger side under the right side of the glove box. Takes a 10a micro fuse.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Dont worry I did it in the trunk one too and blew the fuse in the kickpanel inside the passenger door area. The trunk one is very easy to bridge and cause a short even with a small screwdriver.

Luckily the fuses are less than $1 a piece.

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Yep, blew mine too when I put an LED in the trunk. I found out AFTER the fact that you should really disconnect the electric plug for the trunk light before putting in an LED because it's so prone to being blown. Of course, hindsight is 20/20. It's a 10A Micro2 fuse and you can get them at most major auto parts stores. I paid $6 for a pack of Micro2 fuses at O'Reilly that I think included a 5A, 10A, 15A, 20A, and 25A. As others mentioned, the fuse box is on the right hand side of the front passenger footwell. It's a pain to weasel your way under there. A flashlight or headlamp will help immensely.
Sponsored