N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Probably due to the DCT doing more than just a halo lap.
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Pretty sure after all of the pre-release hype about its track capabilities Ford would honor warranty work if you “broke” a stock car on the track during a non-competition track day.
Can you imagine the blow back and how they would be absolutely annihilated by the press and on the internet? No way Ford wants the negative press on the GT500.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It has been communicated to me that FP is not able to make a determination. I will take it up a notch.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Update:
There is one more avenue that FP is going to take. Please let's all let this run its due course. I honestly believe that FP is doing their best.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
So imagine the poor bastard that unwittingly purchases their dream “one owner” GT500...only to find that the previous owner tracked it and it has no warranty!

Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
As I recall Nissan pulled a really cute one by recording the GT-Rs locations and having known tracks already logged into the system, so visiting them got your warranty vanquished. Subaru simply ghosted online forums and cancelled warranties for those who posted up about what they did 'last weekend'.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
As I recall Nissan pulled a really cute one by recording the GT-Rs locations and having known tracks already logged into the system, so visiting them got your warranty vanquished. Subaru simply ghosted online forums and cancelled warranties for those who posted up about what they did 'last weekend'.
Wow

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I understand everyone is upset by this. I am as well. Let people work their avenues to try for a resolution. If it all fails then lets go from there. I am not going to move on from this. One way or another, I will see it through to a final conclusion.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Haha. The CFTP is basically a $19,000 appearance package. GTFOOH Ford.
Only $18,500 but If you figure in a handling package and Racro optioned base car it’s only $14,000 more. If I could have gotten mine as a CFTP car for only $14,000 more, I would have. My dealer did not get another CFTP allocation so no such luck. They sell at MSRP so no additional ADM.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
It has been communicated to me that FP is not able to make a determination. I will take it up a notch.
Update:
There is one more avenue that FP is going to take. Please let's all let this run its due course. I honestly believe that FP is doing their best.
I would think FP would be technical information and products; and warranty would be though Ford itself. Even though its marketed as a Ford Performance product (SVT previously). Being so new, they haven't been faced with type of issue; possibility of why there hasn't been a direct "Yes" or "No" given.

But would there be a chance the base model would be "No" and CFTP be "Yes" due to the differences?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I would think FP would be technical information and products; and warranty would be though Ford itself. Even though its marketed as a Ford Performance product (SVT previously). Being so new, they haven't been faced with type of issue; possibility of why there hasn't been a direct "Yes" or "No" given.

But would there be a chance the base model would be "No" and CFTP be "Yes" due to the differences?
I go where I was sent. We will reach a point where we need answers. Please be patient.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I go where I was sent. We will reach a point where we need answers. Please be patient.
Fully understand. Don't get me wrong, I'm not demanding an answer. Just asking/thinking of a couple avenues if you come to them. I fully get letting it run the course. And being polite in this day in age can make a difference with both parties.

Still interested, due to could change in other models at some point too....

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Fully understand. Don't get me wrong, I'm not demanding an answer. Just asking/thinking of a couple avenues if you come to them. I fully get letting it run the course. And being polite in this day in age can make a difference with both parties.

Still interested, due to could change in other models at some point too....
Well said, thank you.
Sponsored