Sponsored

Nitto NT01 tires, 305/30zr19 front, 315/30zr20 back?

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
I guess it really depends on how much time you think you'll spend at 168+ mph. These cars are capable of approximately a 175 mph top speed so the tires that come with it should cover that range. I'm not sure of the price difference or selection when shopping W vs. Y tires. I'd probably stick with Y tires myself. That being said, if I had W tires on the car, I doubt I'd ever be in danger...but you never know ;)

W — Up to 168 mph

Y — Up to 186 mph
what track are you driving on that you can get that much speed?
Sponsored

J. Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / Track Pack
I don't know...the Autobahn???

I never said I'd be traveling at those speeds. Those are just the speed ratings for the W and Y classifications on the tires. The OP considered the W rated tires a downgrade. I was just pointing out where (at what speeds) you would have to spend time before the differences between the W and Y tires became important.

OP
OP
trusktr

trusktr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
As for me, none yet, but I want to push the limits (given there's enough course for it). Nearby tracks are Sonoma and Laguna Seca. Do they have enough room?

Do you plan on going more than 168mph with this vehicle?
I'm gonna try to reach the limits (safely, hopefully).

I was just pointing out where (at what speeds) you would have to spend time before the differences between the W and Y tires became important.
I wonder how much time that would be to make it matter?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Considerations for your wheels: 1) Track capable, 2) Brake clearance. As forged monoblock wheels, the VS03s appear to be track spec, though you may want to specifically ask the company to confirm if you have not already. It would also be worth seeing if someone here who has experienced brake clearance problems can provide the measurements you'll need to ensure the wheels are built with a comfortable amount of distance between the drum and rotors.
Sponsored