Nissan's "new" Z/Z400

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Based on that, have you not considered electric … ?

WD :like:
Im excited for electric. The only downside is the ability to mod will essentially be forgotten. But I’d buy a plaid if I could afford it
Sponsored

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
what's the excuse why Toyota rebranded that?
BMW helped develop the McLaren f1. Is that a fake McLaren then? Shall we make a list of super cars that are co developed? Who gives a f about « true purity » of a dam car. Y’all think about cars like some kids thinking about comic books I swear 😂

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Pass up the fun for magazine numbers? I'm sure some people do that, yes. Most? Questionable.
Might be only magazine number to you old folks but it’s winning money races where I’m at.

Most? Yes actually. Look into the order numbers of manual vs auto. You’ll be surprised somehow

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Might be only magazine number to you old folks but it’s winning money races where I’m at.

Most? Yes actually. Look into the order numbers of manual vs auto. You’ll be surprised somehow
What race series are you winning money in using a production vehicle? I agree if the car is for work and you need to be as fast as possible, an automatic will generally be better. But I buy cars for fun, not for earning money. I don't race cars for a living. And I don't think that most people are buying a new car from a dealership and racing it.

I like the old person shot, but I think older people are more likely to buy an automatic. I'm considering a BRZ or GR86 as my next car, for example. The BRZ manual take rate is 78%. That's a younger person's affordable vehicle and people buy it to have fun driving. They are not fast, but by most accounts they are fun.

I agree that many people are buying automatics now. It depends on why people are buying, I think. Corvette is an "enthusiast" car where the manual take rate is low. But I think it's because there are a lot of older people buying Corvettes as a status/cruiser. Mustang GTs I think about 50% are manual. It's still a lot of older people, but also many younger buyers. Many enthusiasts vehicles are that way, at least in the US. Even really expensive vehicles like the 911 - the people who really love driving prefer to have a manual transmission. 70% of US 911 sales get a manual transmission.

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
What race series are you winning money
9E88775D-C92D-424B-8F21-D9626F09440C.jpeg

but fr feel free to take a loan out and run me 5k a hit here in Chicago. I’ll even bring the gt500 if you don’t want the Supra. I’ve got both

Sponsored

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP

Remind me again how many race cars have automatic transmissions? (not DCT, pure auto)

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Remind me again how many race cars have automatic transmissions? (not DCT, pure auto)
I can’t tell what you’re even asking? Are you asking which sports cars don’t use paddle shift? Umm like 2 maybe. Or are you asking which autos don’t use DCT? In which case, many. Explain the question further please

Sponsored

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Actually not. but believe what you want. AMS even has a 600HP package that's for stock internals. They clearly aren't worried about it at all.
My local shop is AMS as I am from Chicago. Thanks for the shaky info

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
9E88775D-C92D-424B-8F21-D9626F09440C.jpeg

but fr feel free to take a loan out and run me 5k a hit here in Chicago. I’ll even bring the gt500 if you don’t want the Supra. I’ve got both
I guess you're trying to say you do street racing. I wouldn't "run you" if you paid me $5k. I stay away from that sort of activity, but I can understand why you'd want an automatic trans for it. I don't understand what it has to do with what typical people buy from a dealership and what is a better choice for a fun daily ride.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

1644178855984.jpeg

WD :like:

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
94 + 27 = 121
~ 4000 cars a year produced.
121 of 4000 is 3.3%
3.3% of mach 1 owners voted on the forums. (Let’s pretend they are all actual owners)

well done. Go talk to the other 97% and get back to me
Sponsored