2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
1 key reason to not trust it: Made by BMW

You could tell me God himself made it. I'll have 0 faith in its quality, durability or repairability.

Also, I'll never own the Supra for a 2nd reason. No manual. That key reason alone the Z will be a VASTLY more fun drive to me than the Supra.
Well your hatred for BMW can blind you. Can’t teach people to use good judgement ig. I’ve seen plenty of b58s hold 600-800 hp STOCK block

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
When the Supra comes out with a manual, THEN I'll compare with the Z, otherwise, ZF or not, no beans for me.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think we're two ships sailing past each other in the dark. I am talking about how the cars look. You are talking about the cars too small and which cars are competing with one another.
No, I was talking about how it doesn't make sense to compare (in any sense) the BRZ/GR86 with the Z, because they are in completely different class and price categories. That's like saying "Hey, I I wanted a new Range Rover, but I didn't like the styling, so I bought an Escape instead, it look sbetter." ???? My comment re: the space inside the BRZ/86 was simply anecdotal.

That may be important to you. That is fine. You do you. But the size of the car and who it competes with is irrelevant to me. Number one in my book is looks and the S550 is perfect for me.
Just quoting this to point out that the phrase "you do you" is, in almost every usage, deliberately condescending. It isn't a phrase you use to validate someone else's opinion, it's a way to dismiss it. I will assume that wasn't your intent, but just informing you of how that phrase functions.

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
When the Supra comes out with a manual, THEN I'll compare with the Z, otherwise, ZF or not, no beans for me.
Weird. I’m the same way about the Shelby350. Passed on it because it’s stick only. It’s not for everyone but most would rather go faster and lose some engagement.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No, I was talking about how it doesn't make sense to compare (in any sense) the BRZ/GR86 with the Z, because they are in completely different class and price categories. That's like saying "Hey, I I wanted a new Range Rover, but I didn't like the styling, so I bought an Escape instead, it look sbetter." ???? My comment re: the space inside the BRZ/86 was simply anecdotal.
I agree that the Z and 86 are completely different, other than both of them having manual transmissions and being small, sporty cars. The thing is: I don't have a blueprint for cars I want to buy. I just want them to be fun to drive. So every car I consider doesn't have to be identical to the next. They mostly have to be available and affordable.

I'm considering both, but to me the Z is more of a backup in case I don't fit in the 86, it's not available due to high demand or don't like it for some other reason. It does sound like the Z is surprisingly porky for a small car, which means I'm much less likely to buy one. Probably a V6 Camaro would be a better call if the Z really weighs that much.

I prefer to avoid turbocharged engines, so that's a point for the 86. The Z is a 2 seater, which I like. I'd much rather have a V8 than a V6 or a 4, but I can't buy a small, light V8 car for reasonable money.

Weird. I’m the same way about the Shelby350. Passed on it because it’s stick only. It’s not for everyone but most would rather go faster and lose some engagement.
Pass up the fun for magazine numbers? I'm sure some people do that, yes. Most? Questionable.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Based on that, have you not considered electric … ?

WD :like:

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Yeah, I just joined 400z club yesterday and already read about the leaked info. I think its now between this car and a 1320 for me, but not sure I want to wait until the beginning of next year for one. We still don't know when it will actually hit the lots though. It is only supposed to weigh about 3300 pounds or so and those turbo engines are easy to upgrade. But not sure about the trans. I know I want an auto, but right now they have a 7 speed, but may be going to a new 9 speed. I guess I just need to decide if I want more of a straight line muscle car with that glorious V8 sound or more of a sports car that is light on its feet and better around the corners.

Or you can get a GT350 and have both : )

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
The 400z looks really cool. I saw a video walk around of it and it doesn’t look any more practical than the supra however. 2+2 isn’t a big sticking point but it doesn’t have cargo capacity for more than a couple g strings. The mustang you can fit your girlfriends in the trunk.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
1 key reason to not trust it: Made by BMW

You could tell me God himself made it. I'll have 0 faith in its quality, durability or repairability.

Also, I'll never own the Supra for a 2nd reason. No manual. That key reason alone the Z will be a VASTLY more fun drive to me than the Supra.
So you trust Renault over BMW?? 😂😂😂

Toyota wouldn't have signed off on it if they didn't think it would be reliable.

The supra will have a manual too.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
So you trust Renault over BMW?? 😂😂😂

Toyota wouldn't have signed off on it if they didn't think it would be reliable.

The supra will have a manual too.
1) The VR30 is built IN Japan in Nissans shops. So Yes. I trust it.

2) Toyota wouldn't have much chose as they refuse to even develop their own, the $$ is more important to them. Remember its the same company that made a Corolla edition of a race they lost....

3) Pointing out another place they missed the ball and having to backtrack as if screwing over all the 1st year owners on performance wasn't enough.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
1) The VR30 is built IN Japan in Nissans shops. So Yes. I trust it.

2) Toyota wouldn't have much chose as they refuse to even develop their own, the $$ is more important to them. Remember its the same company that made a Corolla edition of a race they lost....

3) Pointing out another place they missed the ball and having to backtrack as if screwing over all the 1st year owners on performance wasn't enough.
Pretty much every 1st year owner get screwed, that's how it works. Nissan isn't some gold standard for Japanese manufacturing either, they are widely considered the least reliable among their peers since the 90's even

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Pretty much every 1st year owner get screwed, that's how it works. Nissan isn't some gold standard for Japanese manufacturing either, they are widely considered the least reliable among their peers since the 90's even
lol yes let me list all the times that after a hyped 1st year the maker then goes back and tweaks the suspension and adds power for the second year.......
1) Supra
.....wait... hmm no others come to mind.

>Talking about reliability...driving a rebranded BMW....

Subaru places under Mini in reliability, what's the excuse why Toyota rebranded that? Also, reliability? lol