Sponsored

Next Car?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Sadly, I find myself wanting to move on from my Mustang more recently. Maybe I just want something new but really I think my wants have changed. I'm tired of the "jack of all trades" muscle car stylings. It's too bulky to be a true sports car and yet also too sports car to make it a great daily.

For the longest time, I wanted to make my car as "race car" as my budget would allow though I find myself still not going to the track as often as I'd like and definitely not often enough to warrant throwing more money at the car. My desires have changed from street-able track car to track-able street car. Hell, I don't even drive it on the streets much cause I'm always paranoid about the car getting dinged or something. (I think the bright color adds to my paranoia, grabs too much unwanted attention.)
I've thought about another car but maybe more in addition to the Mustang and my truck I would like to have a fun daily driver. That may be my route in 5-10 years if I'm still tracking the Mach 1.

You know the old saying. It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
@Ewheels (and others) , you all make a lot of great points about performance car ownership, track usage and having a second car.

I bought a F-150 in December 2020 after having several other daily’s. The DD is essential for me as my pony is pretty aggressive. Previous to the 150 I had a cop car explorer sport and an Acura TL-S. All were awesome in their own right. I needed a truck so I upgraded to the 150 and still love it.

Long story short is that a decent daily will help you stay in love with your pony car. Since I don’t drive mine much every time I fire it up it puts a smile on my face.

Enjoy the ride!

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I change my answer again:

1685215041043.png

1685215117810.png

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Might be a couple more years since I just purchased my current ride but I’m leaning towards the IS500. Best of both worlds for me. Lexus dependability in a 472 bhp sedan.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
For me, it'd be one of the following:

C7
Supra MT (still kinda contemplating trading in on one of these)
Miata RF

Sponsored

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
For me, it'd be one of the following:

C7
Supra MT (still kinda contemplating trading in on one of these)
Miata RF
Nice list.

I wanted a C7 a lot until I read about the Torque Tube issues. Don't want to trade one car with driveline problems for another. How difficult is it to design a freaking driveshaft with these companies at this day and age???

Woud also love a manual Supra but dealer markup will be ridiculous probably .

The RF has always been on my list too. Great car and something to keep long-term.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Nice list.

I wanted a C7 a lot until I read about the Torque Tube issues. Don't want to trade one car with driveline problems for another. How difficult is it to design a freaking driveshaft with these companies at this day and age???

Woud also love a manual Supra but dealer markup will be ridiculous probably .

The RF has always been on my list too. Great car and something to keep long-term.
I'm happy with my Mustang, but I really don't drive fast enough nowadays to warrant having a high-revving v8. And I'm tired of every idiot on the road thinking I want to race, lol.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
I'm happy with my Mustang, but I really don't drive fast enough nowadays to warrant having a high-revving v8.
Seems like your solution would be to hit up the track and let that high revving V8 rip! :rockon:

And I'm tired of every idiot on the road thinking I want to race, lol.
My dad warned me that everyone would want to race me if I got a sports car. I didn't believe him.

The day I bought my mustang, I couldn't make it home without some FBO 135i and gutted civic wanting to race me. I guess I should've given him more credit - he did own Camaros and Datsun Z's in the 70/80's after all!

al3bbasi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abdulla
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Stumbled onto this old thread so I’m reviving it haha.

My next “enthusiast” car I really want to get my hands on is either:
- A: 1st generation Mustang, Specifically a 1967-1968 GT Fastback or a 1969 Mach 1 351 W. It also HAS to be in Candy Apple Red. No exceptions.

- B: 2011-2014 5.0L w/ the glass roof and a manual transmission (I always had a thing for these years of the S197 especially if it’s a white on red ‘12 or a black on red ‘14)

I want both but definitely leaning towards the 1st generation first as it’s a much more special car. Don’t ever plan on selling my ‘19 as my “realistic” dream garage consists of owning my current ‘19 and the other two cars I mentioned simultaneously. And probably because the ‘19 has way too much sentimental value to me! If I had all the money in the world I’d also include a 5th gen dodge viper into that realistic dream garage haha.

IMG_3929.jpeg

IMG_3930.jpeg

IMG_3931.jpeg

IMG_3932.jpeg

IMG_3934.jpeg

IMG_3935.jpeg

A5D38102-A686-4CD1-9C44-B676EA46C0BF.jpeg

Last edited:

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
This is a topic I've been thinking about for well over 2 years and I have yet to reach a conclusion.

Here is a list of what I previously owned:
- Mercedes 190D (1987)
- VW Passat B6 (2009)
- Mercedes E400 (3.0L, bi-turbo V6, 333HP, 2013) - hated it because the nannies came on constanly and didn't allow you to drive the car at all. I also learned my lesson with the so called german customer care (absolute bs beyond belief) so thx but no thx
- Audi A6 (3.0 TDI, 2015) - great all-round family car (shout out to the gov for banning diesel engines in Berlin -- a decision that was reverted but the damage was done)
- Mercedes C63s (2018) - garbage beyond belief
- 911 (992) CS convertible (2020) - absolutelly amazing performance and stellar customer support/care, but the engine sound just doesn't give you an eargasm the way a NA V8 does (the particulate filter kills whatever sound the turbo doesn't)

I currently own a NA 5.0 Bullitt and I will NEVER sell it. I'm looking forward to slapping H(istoric) plates on it after 30y :D

That being said, for a 2nd car I'm currently looking at a) preferably a V12 (exceptions apply), b) preferably convertible:
- Ferrari 812 convertible (option nr 1 but not realistic at all)
- 911 (992) Targa Heritage Edition (option nr 2 but not realistic at all)
- BMW Z4 (E89) S30i (option nr 3 and very financially realistic but I'm not sold on the power (only 258HP))
- Ferrari Portofino/California/458/488 convertible (maybe; I know they're V8's but I just love the look)
- Corvette C8 convertible (I absolutely love this car and I'd get it tomorrow but why have 2 V8's when you can diversify a bit)
- Mustang S550 convertible (while I love the way it looks with the rag down, I'm really not sold on how it looks with it up)
- Mercedes GT - no thx; learned my lesson
- Lexus LS500 - test drove one, nice car but maybe for later in life when I'm around 50. great GT car but I don't see it for the track

I have no idea what I should go for...

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Hopefully a Shelby GT500 so the Mach 1 can have a stablemate.

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Well, both my sons are obsessed with mustangs, and cars in general, at ages 7 and 4 thanks to me :clap:....and I only have one mustang now to pass on when I leave this world one day. And I can't in good conscience give to one and not the other lol. So, I'm pretty much obligated to do the right thing as a father and buy another mustang at some point in the future. I've already explained this to my wife.

Whenever that time comes, I'll personally go for either an 87-93 foxbody, or a 67-68. It would be a hard choice indeed.

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
Well, both my sons are obsessed with mustangs, and cars in general, at ages 7 and 4 thanks to me :clap:....and I only have one mustang now to pass on when I leave this world one day. And I can't in good conscience give to one and not the other lol. So, I'm pretty much obligated to do the right thing as a father and buy another mustang at some point in the future. I've already explained this to my wife.

Whenever that time comes, I'll personally go for either an 87-93 foxbody, or a 67-68. It would be a hard choice indeed.
good enough reason to have kids 🤣

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue