Sponsored

New whipple stage 2 , lacks power

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Been keeping the traction control on and doing pulls on empty highways and roads. It's certainly is a lot of fun and I know what you mean about it getting away quickly.
My traction control came on at 90 miles per hour while it was shifting, these stock tires suck ,going to get good ones soon...lol
Try going into track mode then toggle TCS off. The TCS off light comes on automatically when you go into track mode but you have to toggle it off for it to actually be off. Stability control should still be on. This is basically the only mode that my car works in with stability control enabled. In all other modes I have to totally disable advancetrac which I do not like doing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
Try going into track mode then toggle TCS off. The TCS off light comes on automatically when you go into track mode but you have to toggle it off for it to actually be off. Stability control should still be on. This is basically the only mode that my car works in with stability control enabled. In all other modes I have to totally disable advancetrac which I do not like doing.
I will give it a try

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
I tried this and several other things today. I did a pull in track mode and disabled the regular traction control off , it stayed straight but it think it still holds back a bit. I also went on an empty 4 lane road and disabled advanced traction and mashed the pedal down, totally went sideways on stock PP1 tires . I also tried sports plus, that seemed to work really well . sometimes when taking off and mashing the pedal maybe halfway it seems to hesitate , but I believe this is the traction control kicking in most likely . I am still trying to get the feel of things. I am going to go tire shopping soon. trying to figure out if how wide of tire I can fit on the PP1 rear rime which is 19x9.5 , it has 275s and I been told I can do Nitto 305, but it might be puching it.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I appreciate all the advice on here. I picked up the car this afternoon and its like night and day .I knew it was going to be quicker but I had no idea just how much , it will take a little time getting used to all that extra power. Up next will be better tires and suspension .
How does it feel at low boost or Should I say part throttle Applications.I’m looking at getting a whipple on my Mach 1 A10 HP.I love the car ,but the low end tq suck in these car Compared to my 392 scat pack.& my 2003 mustang cobra w/ Kenne bell blower 😜 just want a little more Probably just going to get a stage one kit
D1F63F88-02EA-4FE7-8DBB-5A2E0A85D19B.jpeg

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
How does it feel at low boost or Should I say part throttle Applications.I’m looking at getting a whipple on my Mach 1 A10 HP.I love the car ,but the low end tq suck in these car Compared to my 392 scat pack.& my 2003 mustang cobra w/ Kenne bell blower 😜 just want a little more Probably just going to get a stage one kit
D1F63F88-02EA-4FE7-8DBB-5A2E0A85D19B.jpeg
It has instant power, you will need really good tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Just another question for people with the whipple. I have active exhaust on my car and It seems to be louder now and even sounds like something might be rattling or vibration in the exhaust at wot. Is this because of the extra power ?

BrokenVet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just another question for people with the whipple. I have active exhaust on my car and It seems to be louder now and even sounds like something might be rattling or vibration in the exhaust at wot. Is this because of the extra power ?
I have active exhaust, and to me it definitely seems louder than it was before I installed the supercharger. I haven't noticed a rattle or vibration, but I have been through 3 of the plastic coolant filler/reservoirs because they started leaking at the seam where the black plastic top is glued/welded to the bottom part. Probably won't be an issue, but if you do notice coolant loss with the Whipple's coolant system, then make sure to check that seam.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I tried this and several other things today. I did a pull in track mode and disabled the regular traction control off , it stayed straight but it think it still holds back a bit. I also went on an empty 4 lane road and disabled advanced traction and mashed the pedal down, totally went sideways on stock PP1 tires . I also tried sports plus, that seemed to work really well . sometimes when taking off and mashing the pedal maybe halfway it seems to hesitate , but I believe this is the traction control kicking in most likely . I am still trying to get the feel of things. I am going to go tire shopping soon. trying to figure out if how wide of tire I can fit on the PP1 rear rime which is 19x9.5 , it has 275s and I been told I can do Nitto 305, but it might be puching it.
Ypu can fit a 285/35 MT SS on those and solve a ton of you traction issues.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Ypu can fit a 285/35 MT SS on those and solve a ton of you traction issues.
Will these fit on my stock 19×9.5 rims without any issues? I currently have 275s ,but I read you can go as high as 305 Nitto tires. I really want to keep the stock rims.
I did not realize how much the traction control cuts power. I disable advance Trac and it makes instant power but I have to take it easy on the pedal or I just spin...lol😅

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
Screenshot_20221203-181348_Chrome.jpg
Will these fit on my stock 19×9.5 rims without any issues? I currently have 275s ,but I read you can go as high as 305 Nitto tires. I really want to keep the stock rims.
I did not realize how much the traction control cuts power. I disable advance Trac and it makes instant power but I have to take it easy on the pedal or I just spin...lol😅
I ran them on my 2014 with the brembo wheels. 9.5 in rim. No issues beyond more traction. MT has 9.5 as an approved rim size for the tire. I wouldn't run a 305 on a 9 .5 rim. You'll have a huge bulging and won't benefit

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)

I ran them on my 2014 with the brembo wheels. 9.5 in rim. No issues beyond more traction. MT has 9.5 as an approved rim size for the tire. I wouldn't run a 305 on a 9 .5 rim. You'll have a huge bulging and won't benefit
Awsome. I am going to get these soon.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)

I just had these installed on my GT, Great traction but my rear end is swaying back and forth at higher speeds. Do these need a break in or is this normal?

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
I just had these installed on my GT, Great traction but my rear end is swaying back and forth at higher speeds. Do these need a break in or is this normal?
What tire pressure are your running them at? Have you done any suspension work to the rear?

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
What tire pressure are your running them at? Have you done any suspension work to the rear?
No suspension work yet, And I just checked the pressure and it shows 37 psi on each tire, this was done by the tire shop and I am guessing this is way too high.
Sponsored