New whipple stage 2 , lacks power

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I just had these installed on my GT, Great traction but my rear end is swaying back and forth at higher speeds. Do these need a break in or is this normal?
My first set of MT’s did this same thing when I had them on an 19” American Muscle PP1 replica, tire shop said they had a real hard time balancing them for some reason. I’ve since switched to 17” Forgestar’s and have not had an issue at high speeds. Some one on here said this is the nature of the MT’s at high speeds 🤷‍♂️.
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
No suspension work yet, And I just checked the pressure and it shows 37 psi on each tire, this was done by the tire shop and I am guessing this is way too high.
28 psi on the street as a cold fill psi. It will get you about 30 psi warmed up. You may still have to move down in psi on warm days to 26 psi. On the strip I've found anywhere between 18 and 22 psi to work based on the track prep, air temp, and how late in the runs it gets.

I am stable up to 135 before I get any movement at the above psi.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
Way way to high!!
Yup, it is...lol I also did some more research and found that these tires tend to do this. I love the traction but that rear end swaying after 130 is not fun...lol

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
28 psi on the street as a cold fill psi. It will get you about 30 psi warmed up. You may still have to move down in psi on warm days to 26 psi. On the strip I've found anywhere between 18 and 22 psi to work based on the track prep, air temp, and how late in the runs it gets.

I am stable up to 135 before I get any movement at the above psi.
I will adjust pressure . The traction is awesome, that sway is something else though when you are going that fast , and yes it got worse after 130 .

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I will adjust pressure . The traction is awesome, that sway is something else though when you are going that fast , and yes it got worse after 130 .
Best of luck. My next steps would be stiffening the irs with some bmr or steeda pieces.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
We can help :)
I will definitely let you know. I am doing things a part every few months. I just happened to do the expensive stuff like the whipple first...lol

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No suspension work yet, And I just checked the pressure and it shows 37 psi on each tire, this was done by the tire shop and I am guessing this is way too high.
Seriously too high. Your riding on the center of the tire. Probably hitting almost 40psi with a warm tire...... These SS's do not work well above 28psi (cold)......

"Cold" pressure between 22-26psi for street use is best.

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you think traction is great now, just wait until you try them at 26-28psi warm........

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Right or wrong, Whipple has been doing this for at least 7 years. If I had my tuning laptop with me I’d post a snip of what the limit looks like in the calibration…
Have you had any issues with the intercooler pump blowing the inline fuse on the harness? I had to replace the dual fan relay and now the pump fuse has blown twice in the last month. Whipple told me to try a 15a fuse..