Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
I'm betting the bypass is open the entire time.

Have them check the bypass completely, the connecting rod to the swing lever, the valve itself, and ensure your not just spinning the blower with it open full time.

I highly doubt you could be running a pulley and belt and the rotors NOT be spinning. Something would have to be majorly broken and fouled up and you would be able to hear it (like the primary blower drive broken). If the belt and pulley are spinning, I'm betting the rotors are turning. They're just not making any steam because the bypass is open all the time.
I took it the shop I should have used in the first place and he found and fixed the issue . It was a harness that was plugged in the wrong place . The MCT pigtail and sensor is what he said . Another member here mentioned this as well , it puts the system into limited power mode . the first shop kept saying it was a defective unit even after whipple asked them to check this harness.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
If you need other performance shop options in Austin, there is a thread in the local > Texas > Austin section of this forum with some suggestions. Pro Modular and R&S we're mentioned. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I hope it's an easy fix.
I took it to R and S and He found the issue and fixed , It was the MCT not connected in the right place.

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I took it to R and S and He found the issue and fixed , It was the MCT not connected in the right place.
Glad you got it fixed! How does the power feel?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Has this been checked yet?
You were correct , it was exactly this . The mct not connected correctly . The other shop I took it too found this and fixed . He just called to let me know its ready and running the way it should be.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'd be very very concerned of any calibration that would hamstring the car to the point that it couldn't even spin tires (even in 1st gear) but not alert the driver as to a serious issue.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Glad you got it fixed! How does the power feel?
He just called and told me its fixed and running as it should. I will be picking it up tomorrow since the shop is almost an hour away. This is where I should have taking it but I chose a closer shop. Lesson learned .

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I'd be very very concerned of any calibration that would hamstring the car to the point that it couldn't even spin tires (even in 1st gear) but not alert the driver as to a serious issue.
Right or wrong, Whipple has been doing this for at least 7 years. If I had my tuning laptop with me Iā€™d post a snip of what the limit looks like in the calibrationā€¦

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Right or wrong, Whipple has been doing this for at least 7 years. If I had my tuning laptop with me Iā€™d post a snip of what the limit looks like in the calibrationā€¦
Ryan with R&S performance hooked his up yesterday when I first got there and we went for a drive. according to him everything looked good except for the lack of power. He did say the car did not like WOT though.. lol
I am picking it up tomorrow afternoon . I will follow up after I go for a spin.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate all the advice on here. I picked up the car this afternoon and its like night and day .I knew it was going to be quicker but I had no idea just how much , it will take a little time getting used to all that extra power. Up next will be better tires and suspension .

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate all the advice on here. I picked up the car this afternoon and its like night and day .I knew it was going to be quicker but I had no idea just how much , it will take a little time getting used to all that extra power. Up next will be better tires and suspension .
That's great to hear!

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Be careful, if you had no idea, you probably need time to learn how a PD blown car behaves. It is a handful and you are going to need to learn what it's going to do when you mash on the accelerator in certain situations. It'll get away from you quickly if you don't know what you are doing. It'll certainly put a smile on your face. Have fun!!

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Be careful, if you had no idea, you probably need time to learn how a PD blown car behaves. It is a handful and you are going to need to learn what it's going to do when you mash on the accelerator in certain situations. It'll get away from you quickly if you don't know what you are doing. It'll certainly put a smile on your face. Have fun!!
Been keeping the traction control on and doing pulls on empty highways and roads. It's certainly is a lot of fun and I know what you mean about it getting away quickly.
My traction control came on at 90 miles per hour while it was shifting, these stock tires suck ,going to get good ones soon...lol
Sponsored