New Suspension now with alignment readout

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I joined the GT350R spring club. Installed them along with Steeda's adjustable struts, shocks, camber plates, and rear billet mounts. Still need to get alignment to see how much negative camber I get. Have only put a few miles on it so far, but am ABSOLUTELY amazed as to how good the ride is! Was very skeptical despite all the reviews saying the same thing. Car doesn't appear to be lowered at all. I didn't measure the ride before and after, but here are a couple of after shots.
2v2EapJRgx1Ybjq.jpg
2v2EapJ4hx1Ybjq.jpg
2v2EapJknx1Ybjq.jpg

Excuse the dirt, car is filthy and that's my kid behind the wheel
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! It is hard to believe how good these cars can ride AND handle when dialed in right.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Car looks great and thank you for choosing Steeda - great to hear your very happy with the end results!

Thanks for sharing.

TJ

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you didnt clock the bushings then it may ride a little higher until you do.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great tho, not too low.

Check out the Streda geometry correcting kit with the lower height control arms and bumpsteer kit. It would add to your existing mods well.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I joined the GT350R spring club. Installed them along with Steeda's adjustable struts, shocks, camber plates, and rear billet mounts. Still need to get alignment to see how much negative camber I get. Have only put a few miles on it so far, but am ABSOLUTELY amazed as to how good the ride is! Was very skeptical despite all the reviews saying the same thing. Car doesn't appear to be lowered at all. I didn't measure the ride before and after, but here are a couple of after shots.
Small amounts of lowering can be a bit difficult to notice directly, but your lowering is perhaps more apparent when zooming the page out to 400%. You might be more apt to notice when washing the car's roof that it's easier to reach it all. If you've got a full side-on 'before' picture, somebody with sharp eyes might pick it up.

350R wheel rates on a 3600+ lb car are entirely liveable on the street, provided the damping is somewhere near right for the conditions.

Norm

OP
OP

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
Finally was able to get alignment done. Didn't get as much camber as I had hoped, but better than what I started with,
2v2EZ2zj4x1Ybjq.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Finally was able to get alignment done. Didn't get as much camber as I had hoped, but better than what I started with,
2v2EZ2zj4x1Ybjq.jpg
Looks great!

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
I'm confused by this statement. Did you ask for more and they couldn't get there with the camber plates, or did they just not do what you asked? I have the Steeda camber plates and run -3° camber, with room to spare, that is why I ask.

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Didn't get as much camber as I had hoped, but better than what I started with,
I have the same issue. They could only get about -1.9 but want about -2.4. I'm curious about how to get more.

Sponsored

Lubner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just did my alignment this week and set camber at -2.2 no problem room to spare using Steeda plates.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just going to put this here ...

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
Finally did my first HPDE after installing suspension. Car corners SO much flatter and has a lot less understeer. Still need to play with shock adjustment more to see if I can dial out more understeer. Oh and by the way, I dropped almost 4 seconds a lap at VIR Full with this and Ford Power Pack 1 tune; good stuff

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Stiffen the rear sway bar to dial out understeer. Leave some understeer so you can throttle steer to correct/place the car in carousel turns and it makes handling the power a little more "beginner".

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Finally did my first HPDE after installing suspension. Car corners SO much flatter and has a lot less understeer. Still need to play with shock adjustment more to see if I can dial out more understeer. Oh and by the way, I dropped almost 4 seconds a lap at VIR Full with this and Ford Power Pack 1 tune; good stuff
Very nice! What phase of the corner were you experiencing understeer (entry, mid, exit)? The answer changes what you should look to.

One thing that I'd strongly recommend after just installing myself is Steeda's extended ball joint lateral link control arms. My review on the last page of my build thread. You'll get the grip you're looking for.
Sponsored