baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
no / not enough to notice.
Taking a quick look at the steeda video, This part looks like it doesn't add any adjustment but allows for more accurate adjustments? I'm wondering if the shop I took it to ran out of adjustment.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
How much is a little? I'd like to come up with some numbers for the alignment shop
Shogun hit it. I'd just stick the bolts you already own in, but I know there are mixed opinions on that. The other option is the Ford service bolt. They both move the strut with respect to the knuckle to gain negative camber. You get about 0.6-0.7* adjustment out of them.

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Shogun hit it. I'd just stick the bolts you already own in, but I know there are mixed opinions on that. The other option is the Ford service bolt. They both move the strut with respect to the knuckle to gain negative camber. You get about 0.6-0.7* adjustment out of them.
are you talking about the front camber bolts or the rear inner camber adjustment on the upper control arm?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Front. Shogun has good advice for the rear, too, though.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering if the shop I took it to ran out of adjustment.
no, they either don't know about the slot, or they got tired of raising the back, yanking on the wheel, tighten, and lower and re-measure, loop. The eccentric allows them to make a MEASURED amount of change with an observable reference point.

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
no, they either don't know about the slot, or they got tired of raising the back, yanking on the wheel, tighten, and lower and re-measure, loop. The eccentric allows them to make a MEASURED amount of change with an observable reference point.
Right on.

I wont take it back there for that and other reasons, they do lots of mustangs so it surprised me a bit. They seem to cater to the "I want mo power" crowd.

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Something to keep in mind when picking rim size and tire size combos is sidewall geometry. If you compare a 245 to a 285 on a 9 inch wide rim, you’ll find the 245 will be more responsive in corners. There’s some good info in this forum regarding recommended tire and rim sizes with this in mind. Some people usually just go for the widest tire they can possibly fit not thinking about how the sidewall is going to act, and they usually end up with a car that either feels worse or the same as stock. That being said, a better tire compound will always make more difference than an extra 20-40mm of tire width.
100% that 285 would have some real bulge, do you recommend a flush fit? a 245 looks a bit stretched on here

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
100% that 285 would have some real bulge, do you recommend a flush fit? a 245 looks a bit stretched on here
I’ll clarify saying that I don’t recommend a 245 specifically, was just using it as an example. The tire size you run should correlate directly with your rim dimensions. I’d actually head over to the road course sub forum and search around for what people are running there.

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Installed the shifter bushing and trans mount insert. These parts are sick.

(Turning this into a build thread to not clutter the forum)

To me the NVH that was added is great, if you have loud pipes the change is not big. Off throttle noise level is almost exactly the same. Probably the biggest benefit is more precise shifting and clutch feel. I don't feel the need to buy a shifter replacement at all. Takes most of the sloppiness out of the drive train that made the car difficult to control at low speeds/stop and go. Not bad for 40 bucks.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
As to the camber-plate clunking. I think Steeda has a tolerance stacking problem that a moderately hard rubber ring in the sandwich would help alleviate the problem.
Are you talking about when you turn the wheel side to side? Sounds like this?

Noise Sample 1 - YouTube

I've got this as well. Steeda.ca is going to replace my Steeda USA springs tomorrow as well as the Ford upper strut bearings.

Wait, I just realized I got necromancered into an old old thread LOL

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you talking about when you turn the wheel side to side? Sounds like this?
no, I mean a clatter/jangling of metal every time you hit a bump.
your noise probably has to do with the spring rubbers

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Steeda.ca said it was the upper strut bearings that were wonky so they are replacing them tomorrow + the new springs are being replaced.

Carry on people, nothing to see here since my thought isn't related LOL

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Thread jack me one more time maple head