Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Pre Gen 5 are all not inverted
Yes sorry I meant to say not inverted.

Yes I’m after the looks of the non inverted setup. Yeah I see that the gt500 has a pretty decent torque and I don’t think I’m really going to achieve that but from my understanding the tvs style setup it going to be the best for the early torque curve.

I like the roush setup and do understand that the tune maybe Underwhelming. I was going to go straight for the phase 2 setup but a lot of people say their phase 2 with the 80mm pulley is too much for 91 octane which leaves me thinking I should stick with phase 1 and a custome tune if I want to go more.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Roush has its place with brand new cars and warranties and drivabilty in their tune but for an older one already out of warranty there are better options. Especially with our summer temps and their design when it comes to heat. Keep in mind even though our 91 is garbage you could consider custom tuning and running the e54 (and some actual e85) we have available.

OP
OP

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Roush has its place with brand new cars and warranties and drivabilty in their tune but for an older one already out of warranty there are better options. Especially with our summer temps and their design when it comes to heat. Keep in mind even though our 91 is garbage you could consider custom tuning and running the e54 (and some actual e85) we have available.
Thought about the e85 but don’t want the hassle of always looking for it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ok why are you not going to run e85? There are at least 10 e85 stations in Glendale

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Procharger stage 2 will work great in AZ, most PD blowers will heak soak bad there.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I don't think this is a valid statement. ATI makes the centris for Prochager (WHICH IS A BRAND), Vortech and Paxton. So if you think procharger is good you think the rest are good.
ATI = ProCharger.
Vortech/Paxton are a different company.

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Just installed about 1500 miles ago a Whipple Stage 1 Gen 5 on my 2015 GT auto. Used a N Guage and Lund tune,
I have a 91 tune and bump into Stainless Works long tubes with their Cats.
Wanted a car safe to do road trips and tour but still hits hard when WOT.
Never drag race so not pushing for max power.
I very happy with the set up, car still get 21 mpg on the highway when driving normal but will really use fuel if you hammer it. I told my wife I installed a Whipple intake and she said the car runs a lot better than the old set up.
Good luck

Sponsored

Pat-Red-PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP2 VMP Loki
My VMP Loki 633 WHP stock headers stock air filter 94 octane,I like The low RPM torque

OP
OP

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just installed about 1500 miles ago a Whipple Stage 1 Gen 5 on my 2015 GT auto. Used a N Guage and Lund tune,
I have a 91 tune and bump into Stainless Works long tubes with their Cats.
Wanted a car safe to do road trips and tour but still hits hard when WOT.
Never drag race so not pushing for max power.
I very happy with the set up, car still get 21 mpg on the highway when driving normal but will really use fuel if you hammer it. I told my wife I installed a Whipple intake and she said the car runs a lot better than the old set up.
Good luck
So no weird drivability issues with the stage 1 setup? Some tell me it drives like crap with the stock throttle body and some say it drives fine.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
So no weird drivability issues with the stage 1 setup? Some tell me it drives like crap with the stock throttle body and some say it drives fine.
Allow me to be the first to say “buy once, cry once”….shrug off the looks of the inverted design (personally, I like it) and get a Gen 5 Stage 2 Whipple. Massive cooling capacity due to a (thanks to the inverted design) dual-pass intercooler and big (even w the std one) heat exchanger, ability to turn the wot power down at will (torque reduction in flight control) if you want to pretend you have a stage I kit from W or Roush or PC on the street. Ability to turn up the power at will (flight control) or even more with boostane (octane adjust off) which are part of the as-delivered Whipple tune and Tomahawk controller, to the point where you’d hand a stock 13-14 GT500 its cajones. Downside? Cost but consider plenty of stage I Whipple people here who bought S1 due to cost and “street power” considerations but end up saying they should have just bought S2 in the first place. BTW the drivability of the 132mm TB on the stage 2 with the Whipple tune is excellent.
Sponsored