Sponsored

New Steeda h pipe install

archangl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Well guys I just installed a resonator delete h pipe from Steeda. I do have a stock non active exhaust. I do notice it does have a tinny sound to it, and it has a tinny sound when going up in the rev range. I am trying to see, if that’s is normal. Then is there a way to mellow it out, without having my neighbors hate me. I don’t want to go back to stock, because then it will pretty much means wasted my time and money getting it installed.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
What does tinny mean? Is that a high-pitched sound? Hmm, you only added the H-pipe..I can't think of a way to may it quieter than to remove it. Most axle backs would probably be louder than your stock pipes. I personally don't think the h-pipe alone makes it much louder..it is a bit deeper. Add the axle backs with that h-pipe and you will hear what loud is. If you aren't starting at 6 AM or earlier, I can't see a reason for the neighbors to hate you.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Well guys I just installed a resonator delete h pipe from Steeda. I do have a stock non active exhaust. I do notice it does have a tinny sound to it, and it has a tinny sound when going up in the rev range. I am trying to see, if that’s is normal. Then is there a way to mellow it out, without having my neighbors hate me. I don’t want to go back to stock, because then it will pretty much means wasted my time and money getting it installed.
I know what you mean by the tinny tone with the non active stock mufflers. The Ford Performance by Borla Touring axle back should give you a better tone without much, if any, of a volume increase. Another possibility is adding a pair of bullet resonators to kill some of the rasp.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Seems like a lot of work for no gain and pissing away 300 bucks..
Should have bought a catback

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I just installed the Borla Switchfire, which to me looks like an H and X had a baby. Its def louder, but not bad, and it made it deeper which is what I hoped for. The stock exhaust just wasn't enough after having a 2019 with a cat-back Borla S type (basically a straight exhaust). Going to add the Roush axle back next and be done with it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Double check your installation for possible leaks. H pipes should not sound “tinny”. Also do not confuse tone vs. volume. As James said it really should be that much louder. Lastly, unfortunately many mods can be hit or miss. You can sell the H pipe, recoup some of the cost and get an axle back or better yet, a cat back. Good luck!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Sorry buddy but that's what an X or H on a non-active exhaust sounds like. Drove me crazy on my 2018, thought for sure there was a loose heat shield somewhere or something.

OP
OP

archangl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Sorry buddy but that's what an X or H on a non-active exhaust sounds like. Drove me crazy on my 2018, thought for sure there was a loose heat shield somewhere or something.
Ok thanks I was checking to see if was normal, and just saw a video of it. It sounds exactly like this: Example of H Pipe sound

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Sponsored

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
it sounds completely normal. I mean you can be like me and chug around the neighboorhood in 3rd, but even if you remove it and drive the same way you do now, they will still complain as an H pipe is not much louder than stock.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
On my 2021 Gt with non active exhaust I wound up keeping the resonator and adding the Steeda axle back and it sounded really good.

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Now that I can't answer. There are quite a few people with exhaust opinions on here.
What’s a decent sounding axle back that’s not too loud, and will deepen the tone?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)