Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
About a year ago I got the Ford Performance by Borla Sport and never had issues with the loud startup. That was until we had our first child and her bedroom is directly above the garage. When they say never wake a sleeping baby, they mean it. NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY! So, instead of spending a ton of money on active exhaust I decided to buy a pool noodle for 4$ and shove it in the exhaust for those cold startups. WOW, what a difference. No more waking my daughter which keeps my wife happy as well. Best 4$ I have ever spent.

The noodles come in all different diameters to work with your pipe diameter. I went 1/4" larger and it works great. Also, I would recommend a bright color so you don't drive off with them still in.
D929703E-A297-48FE-AFD0-087A2A6B41DE.jpeg
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like an aroused dog.

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Laugh all you want but they work. I've been using mine for the past year. I did eventually have to replace them with new ones as the weld inside the Roush tips tore them up. Mine were $1 at big lots.
Looks completely ridiculous but it gets rid of that initial roar the car makes on cold starts. If I can keep the peace in my neighborhood by looking silly for 15 seconds then its worth it
IMG_9290.jpg

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Laugh all you want but they work. I've been using mine for the past year. I did eventually have to replace them with new ones as the weld inside the Roush tips tore them up. Mine were $1 at big lots.
Looks completely ridiculous but it gets rid of that initial roar the car makes on cold starts. If I can keep the peace in my neighborhood by looking silly for 15 seconds then its worth it
IMG_9290.jpg
Haha I'm glad your doing the same thing but damn I feel like I way over paid!

Sponsored

richmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Race Red 5.0 Premium
Man, I tried these (straight piped w/ LTs) and them joints did NOT want to stay in for anything! They were snug, just the right diameter, I even tried holding it after it started to keep them in there and they just kept popping out. What gives?!

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
i park w/exhaust facing house so its louder.... opps...:)

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Trade it in for a Nissan Leaf. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
This has been my biggest concern about upgrading the exhaust from the active exhaust. I park in the garage (single car garage in a townhouse). I start quiet mode from like 2200 to like 0900 cause the neighbors can hear it on quiet as it is.

I may have to try this to see if it'll work. If not then $5 spent as a test LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This has been my biggest concern about upgrading the exhaust from the active exhaust. I park in the garage (single car garage in a townhouse). I start quiet mode from like 2200 to like 0900 cause the neighbors can hear it on quiet as it is.

It works!

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

I have a similar concern as well. Its kind of shocking how loud the mustang is even with quiet mode.

Last edited:

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Man, I tried these (straight piped w/ LTs) and them joints did NOT want to stay in for anything! They were snug, just the right diameter, I even tried holding it after it started to keep them in there and they just kept popping out. What gives?!
Try how he modifies them in this video.

I think you want them bigger than the pipe, then modify like he did so they fit tighter.
I have the Roush tips and where its welded together penetrates into the tip. This jagged weld holds the noodle tight. If you don't have that you might have to get creative

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sorry couldnā€™t help itā€¦ but I want to see an S550 trend started where some of you are actually driving around with those sticking out of the exhaustā€¦. šŸ˜‚

Be kinda like the Dodge boys, although the difference being, they thought those shipping nerf bumpers were supposed to stay onā€¦. LOL
1656130067413.jpeg
Sponsored