Steeda H-Pipe Installed

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

Posting to recommend this mod to those at least with an active exhaust. Dear sweet baby jeebus does it sound good.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Glenn - thank you for sharing, car sounds way good!

Congrats!

TJ

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Sounds great. Which exhaust mode were you in?
That was track. I haven't driven too much, but I will say "normal" is now in between where sport and track is stock when you step on the gas.

Track is much louder than stock, so I am guessing sport will be a bit louder than a stock track mode too. I have yet to try out sport.

I am WFH due to covid, but I got to drive to the park last night and pass through some underpasses and get on the highway etc, and it really just sounds fantastic. It is louder in track on the highway obviously, but there is no drone or annoyance.

Quiet mode still really quieted the car down. Still works like it should imo.

Sound is also increased at idle/low rpm, I am really enjoying that extra grunt there too.

I daily drive my car so from that perspective this mod is not obnoxious in my opinion, really just enhanced the sound of my car!

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds great. Which exhaust mode were you in?
it will not sound the same in Europe :(

How do I know, I have had H and X(both from Steeda) and Borla Atak. The GPF filters do alter the pitch and volume

With that said, it's a great improvement in sound and I specially liked the H-pipe config comparing it to X-pipe!

However the Atak system was golden :)

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I like my Steeda H. I just want it a little louder than what it currently is with only the H and no active exhaust mode. Leaning towards "free flowing exhaust” and see where that puts me with the stock mufflers. I’ve not had good luck with electric cutouts lasting long. My 13 had "free flowing exhaust” and GT500 axle backs and was perfect.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Goodness, that sounds great. I think I may be putting this on my shopping list.

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Goodness, that sounds great. I think I may be putting this on my shopping list.
It’s been two days now and I’m still grinning ear to ear every time I drive it.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Posting to recommend this mod to those at least with an active exhaust. Dear sweet baby jeebus does it sound good.
That sounds so nasty! :punch:

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Sounds amazing!

Sponsored

Modulom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pascal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 PP1, Ford Edge 2008 SEL

HI,
Can you make a video in silent mode since sometimes a need to go to work at 5am and i don't want to wake up the neighborhood or my good neighbor please? I have active exhaust.

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
HI,
Can you make a video in silent mode since sometimes a need to go to work at 5am and i don't want to wake up the neighborhood or my good neighbor please? I have active exhaust.
I'll see if I can get to it this weekend. Here's what I can tell you about quiet mode -

1) When driving steady / cruising it is still very quiet. It is a bit louder than before, but still well below the "normal" stock mode

2) On cold start it seems like it can be loud for a brief second, I think maybe because I usually have it in track it leaves the valves open when I park at night, and when I start in the morning they are open briefly before they close. So I have experienced a little bark in the quiet mode for a brief second.

3) I am not sure if I set it to quiet before I shut it off for the day if the #2 point will be an issue, I haven't tried much because I am WFH and not driving a ton.

I also have elderly neighbors who I like very much and try not to bother at all, and I think the noise level is okay still.

I will see if I can get you that video though.
Sponsored