Sponsored

New Soler 95mm Throttle Body

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
https://www.solerengineering.com/ford-motor/se-gr3e-95zr
Interesting he came out with this. Looks like you need a JLT or aftermarket intake. I already have the 91mm ported one with stock intake and love it can’t imagine much more gains unless boosted. Most intakes get power from a tune and no one wants to void warranty.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Does it give additional power even with the intake, or are you just buying pretty parts?
Just curious?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Interesting. I’m open to being educated, but if you don’t have a ported intake as referenced and have to use the adaptor, I’m struggling to see what, if anything, this would net you?!?

I’d like to see them post up how and what they tested this on. But if one were headed to get a tune anyway….

But even with a tune, is the stock tb a choke point or some limfac on this engine?

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would think 6mm is pushing tune requirement for anything substantial. I am running the 91mm and it feels just about perfect.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I would say it's not pushing tune requirement, I'd say you've jumped in there with both feet, LOL. Heck, the JLT intake by itself is a tune commitment.

And tons of peeps have tunes. Sure, the warranty argument is valid, but a huge portion of this community is out of the warranty window and/or don't care. Again, agree with your point, valid, but a tune is pretty low threat as far as it being the cause of something. My $0.02.

Sponsored

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
yeah, the previous one is great. Plug and play, noticeable improvement in throttle response, no tune.

Keep it simple.

dtheo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Buyer
yeah, the previous one is great. Plug and play, noticeable improvement in throttle response, no tune.

Keep it simple.
I have mine, new one, but yet to install. Would you say you can install yourself? Looks pretty simple......I am going the "no tune" route as well.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I have mine, new one, but yet to install. Would you say you can install yourself? Looks pretty simple......I am going the "no tune" route as well.
Definitely an easy install. No real surprises. Took less than 15 minutes to swap mine. That said don’t rush and you should not run into any problems.

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium