OP

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I'm always curious to hear from MKV Supra owners, especially when also own a S550 Mustang. I've driven a couple of the new Supras and quite like them. Sometimes I want to pull the pin and buy one (FOMO, LOL). What was your overall impression and why did you "jump ship" and come back over? I'm sure it wasn't just a single thing. Congrats on the Mach 1. FJG is the best color btw (I"m biased though).
Never mind, I see you answered that question just above. All good! :cool:
Honestly the supra was amazing and my favorite car so far, I'm just the guy that gets new cars all the time!!! But the supra especially once tuned is phenomenal.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Really 2 totally different cars. But to be honest with just a tune the supra was a little monster. I hit 500lbs of TQ at 1600rpms. The mustang obviously is not going to compete with that and the fact it is like 500lbs lighter. The supra is an awesome car and I've had quite a few cars, but I really just missed the sound of the 5.0 to be honest. The one thing I always hated about mustangs is they are EVERYWHERE and when I went out in the Supra it was special and everyone loved it and talked to me about it......and that got tiring.
Yeah, I bet its fun to drive. I really want to test drive one.
This is how I felt about the M2 when I drove it, just doesn't have the sound of the V8 and that is huge!

OP
OP

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Yeah, I bet its fun to drive. I really want to test drive one.
This is how I felt about the M2 when I drove it, just doesn't have the sound of the V8 and that is huge!
1000% correct, missed that sound!! The best thing I've read numerous times is that BMW built their best sports car and gave it to Toyota.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
1000% correct, missed that sound!! The best thing I've read numerous times is that BMW built their best sports car and gave it to Toyota.
Never heard this but makes sense

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
As an owner of an M440i, I totally understand the sound aspect. It's a fun car to drive, but the exhaust note is nothing to get the blood flowing.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Congratz! Beautiful ride, looks just like mine :like: . The Mach 1 HP is something else, it is not a common Mustang you will get lots of attention from folks asking what it is. Enjoy.

Also the Supra is boosted ofcourse it will respond better to a tune, if you slap a whipple on the Mach 1 its game over. But honestly the power stock is great imo, maybe some E85 would give it the extra kick you want.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Funny, when I saw your first post I immediately had a bunch of Supra questions. 20 replies latter, they’re pretty much all answered. 😄

How did you find he room/space in the Supra? One of the factors that played into my decision was my size. 6’3” and 250, and the Supra just looked like a tight squeeze. (Although I do fit in a Z4 just fine.)

And the irony of all the attention the Supra got you getting tiring is not lost on me here. Came to introduce the Mustang and 15 questions about your Supra. 🤦‍♂️

Congrats on the new ride, beautiful car.

OP
OP

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Congratz! Beautiful ride, looks just like mine :like: . The Mach 1 HP is something else, it is not a common Mustang you will get lots of attention from folks asking what it is. Enjoy.

Also the Supra is boosted ofcourse it will respond better to a tune, if you slap a whipple on the Mach 1 its game over. But honestly the power stock is great imo, maybe some E85 would give it the extra kick you want.
Yep had a roush mustang before the supra so I know about that power!!!

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Last edited:

Sponsored

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Thanks, but the supra was an amazing car to be honest.
I looked at them, hard. With a 6-speed it looks like a ball. For me, having more room for roadtrips and ease of entry/exit was the difference for the Mrs. I love my Mach 1 btw

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
[...] I really just missed the sound of the 5.0 to be honest. The one thing I always hated about mustangs is they are EVERYWHERE and when I went out in the Supra it was special and everyone loved it and talked to me about it......and that got tiring.
Before buying my Mach 1 last April, I looked at several different cars, including the Toyota (erm, BMW) Supra, the C7 Corvette, the BMW M4, and the Nissan Z. Having previously owned a '15 GT Premium, my loyalty to the Mustang and the V8 eventually won out. Also, the Supra, Vette and Z felt too cramped inside for me (and didn't have a back seat). I don't have kids, but the extra space offered by a back seat and an actual trunk come in handy since the car is my daily driver.

By the way, while you are correct that Mustangs are everywhere, Mach 1s are not. At least not around me. In the last year, I've seen only 3 others, and I go to a lot of car meet events. Plus, only 1 of the 3 was in Fighter Jet Gray. The other two were black and blue. I get a lot of people that come talk to me about the car as well, even if just to share a quick compliment. It doesn't matter if I'm at the gas station, grocery store, Walmart, Chick-fil-A, etc. Men, women, young, old, everybody wants to get a closer look and chat. Most compliments I get are on the color or the sound, with a typical comment being something like "I never thought gray would look so good on a Mustang!", so you definitely made a good choice there. Just be prepared for people to keep asking you about your car. 😉

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Ha, funny. I know the Supra is made of BMW parts, but Toyota tuned the Supra's handling dynamics and of course designed the exterior of the car, while BMW engineered it. Toyota made it better and playful.

As an owner of an M440i, I totally understand the sound aspect. It's a fun car to drive, but the exhaust note is nothing to get the blood flowing.
Definitely agree. While I enjoy driving my Supra a lot, it sounds OK but uninspiring to me. When I drive my ZL1 the blood gets pumping.
Sponsored