New Navigation map update June 29th

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Several folks already updated Sync to 3.4, and still shows 1.18 maps. Whoever at Ford said it'd update with 3.4. was full of crap. Not a surprise at all. At any rate, now El Guapin is saying that we'd have to reload 1.19 maps all over again... which I might refuse to do. But even if I wanted to do it, I already erased all files, since it updated successfully. Can they be downloaded again from Ford? I don't think so, but rather ask the experts :). Thx.
When I first downloaded the files, Ford sent me an email with a link to re-download them if necessary (I had to clear the download cache beforehand). I think the second time worked for me, as IVSU showed the newer files.

BTW, my 'loss' of SXM presets was operator error; Sync set the default audio to AM, and I wasn't smart enough to change 'Sources.'
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Go to your email where you received the confirmation of your original download order (free or paid), in that email will be a link you can click on to download again.

Ford sent me the download file to get my voice commands back. It states that it will wipe Navigation completely off of the Sync 3.3 and then I will need to use the new 1.19 thumbdrive they sent me to reinstall the Navigation plus the updated maps I have already downloaded but not installed Sync 3.4. I guess I will use the file to get Voice Navigation Commands back and do the upgraded maps before I attemp to upgrade to Sync 3.4. I have family visiting for a week, so I am not going through hassle plus hours of upgrading until they leave.

Several folks already updated Sync to 3.4, and still shows 1.18 maps. Whoever at Ford said it'd update with 3.4. was full of crap. Not a surprise at all. At any rate, now El Guapin is saying that we'd have to reload 1.19 maps all over again... which I might refuse to do. But even if I wanted to do it, I already erased all files, since it updated successfully. Can they be downloaded again from Ford? I don't think so, but rather ask the experts :). Thx.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Go to your email where you received the confirmation of your original download order (free or paid), in that email will be a link you can click on to download again.

Ford sent me the download file to get my voice commands back. It states that it will wipe Navigation completely off of the Sync 3.3 and then I will need to use the new 1.19 thumbdrive they sent me to reinstall the Navigation plus the updated maps I have already downloaded but not installed Sync 3.4. I guess I will use the file to get Voice Navigation Commands back and do the upgraded maps before I attemp to upgrade to Sync 3.4. I have family visiting for a week, so I am not going through hassle plus hours of upgrading until they leave.
Upgrade to 3.4 first. then upgrade maps. Otherwise you "about" screen will display the older map version.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ford sent me an email with a link to re-download them if necessary (I had to clear the download cache beforehand). I think the second time worked for me, as IVSU showed the newer files.
Hope they send me that link too; we'll see, because I don't have the old email. Hey, which 'newer files' are you talking about? I already have the 1.19 newest map files, so don't get it. It's just not showing 1.19 on the Sync settings.

Go to your email where you received the confirmation of your original download order
I don't keep emails forever :D. It's long gone. I get a ton of emails a day; I erase most. Didn't think it was important to keep that one.

Upgrade to 3.4 first. then upgrade maps. Otherwise you "about" screen will display the older map version.
I'll probably attempt that, since I was successful with the F-150 (updated 3.0 build version though). So where are you on this saga? You did the 3.4, still showed 1.18., then what?

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
I'll probably attempt that, since I was successful with the F-150 (updated 3.0 build version though). So where are you on this saga? You did the 3.4, still showed 1.18., then what?
I had been on 3.4 19274 for a few weeks via Cyanlabs. But upgraded to the official 20136 release when it came out Thursday. Using what I learned here and on the Cyanlabs forums, I been helping local mustang owners with their upgrade. Its been quite an experience! Ford Should have released 3.4 and then the NAV update.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
After learning we'll have to do it all over again, yeah f***ing right. Ha ha. I don't know what that 'cyan labs' thing is, but read you had to go back to 3.3 19052 before being able to do the official 3.4 20136 update, right? But glad it worked out well for you. So you haven't re-done the maps yet? Are you going to?

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Update on my Maps 1 19 issue. I received an email from Ford Support today with a file to wipe out my map data with instructions on re-installing the 1 19 update. Everything went without a hitch and now my voice activation works in Nav and no error codes.
Sponsored