Sponsored

New Navigation map update June 29th

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
You have a 2018, so I'm guessing your version of Sync is 3.0 19205 and you are using the older Sync hardware that doesn't officially support Sync 3.2-3.4 and won't be updated to those versions by Ford.
You are stuck with 3.0 * versions on the hardware you currently have (officially). Unofficially there are ways of getting Sync 3.4 on your car. Buying new hardware or hack/slash the install from Cyan Labs.

The string display bug is for Sync 3.3.

3.4 looks different and has features 3.0-3.3 don't have.
Thanks guys. I'll stick with the factory supported version which is designed for my car's hardware out of "general principles" plus the fact that I haven't seen anything about the newer versions which tempt me.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Nothing available yet.

Update. You can start checking the owner portal later today. Should be available in the next couple days. OTA hasn’t been switched on as of yet.

Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
same, 19 gt premium, not available for my vin yet either.

will keep checking periodically

thanks @UofMEngineer

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
This is the email I received today, reference losing my Voice Commands.

"James,

There is a known issue with SYNC Software Version 3.3 not showing the updated map version. The fix will come in SYNC Software Version 3.4. This should be released in the next couple of weeks.

If you're having issues with using voice commands for navigation after installing the map update, what we were told is there was an issue with a voice file that didn't install properly. We do have a fix for it. I would need to send a file to you that you would need to load on a separate USB drive. Once that file is installed in the vehicle, you would need to re-install the map update. If you're having this issue, please let me know and I can get the file and instructions over to you."

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well finally got around to trying this today. Got in the car started driving, loaded the stick, and went through the normal update screens. Got the loading updated software message on the header and then that was it. Nothing for the next hour +. No completed screens, nothing. After 1 hour 15 minutes I said screw it and pulled the stick. But it back in get the warning and said OK to star installing again.

At this point frustrated, headed home. Got off the highway at about 1 hour 30 minutes. Shut the car off, opened the door, closed the door and waited. Restarted the car and guess what Voice Nav does not work. Get home and check the files. Still have all of the 1.18 files including 422. Did a master reset and got back my voice nav. So now what? Do I try again? I knew something was off when I didn't get that first completed screen 15-20 minutes in. Any ideas?

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Velocity Blue
Well finally got around to trying this today. Got in the car started driving, loaded the stick, and went through the normal update screens. Got the loading updated software message on the header and then that was it. Nothing for the next hour +. No completed screens, nothing. After 1 hour 15 minutes I said screw it and pulled the stick. But it back in get the warning and said OK to star installing again.

At this point frustrated, headed home. Got off the highway at about 1 hour 30 minutes. Shut the car off, opened the door, closed the door and waited. Restarted the car and guess what Voice Nav does not work. Get home and check the files. Still have all of the 1.18 files including 422. Did a master reset and got back my voice nav. So now what? Do I try again? I knew something was off when I didn't get that first completed screen 15-20 minutes in. Any ideas?
Same happened to me. After the master reset I got the voice part of nav back and all worked well. I then loaded the second (the fixed one from Ford) USB stick that Ford sent out and it loaded perfectly and when complete everything worked as it should.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Same happened to me. After the master reset I got the voice part of nav back and all worked well. I then loaded the second (the fixed one from Ford) USB stick that Ford sent out and it loaded perfectly and when complete everything worked as it should.
OK, thank you. Can you please confirm that the files on my stick match what you have on the Ford stick?

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.42.07 PM.png
Sponsored