Sponsored

New Navigation map update June 29th

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
My sob story. Tried to update my maps on my '18 GT, from 1 18 to the new 1-19. Something glitches and the system shut down, Now when I start the car I get a message window, (see #1). If I put my usb with the files in I get a message window,(see #2), then click "OK", I get message error window (see #3). If I plug the usb in before starting I get #2, then #3. The map version does show 1 19 and the maps seem ok except that voice commands for nav get no response. I called the help line and they have escalated it up but I'll probably end up taking it to the dealer. Any Ford techs or any other suggestions on how to reset the maps? I also did a master reset on Sync but that only wipes out phone, media, and preferences. Does nothing for the maps.
See my post #577 and the previous and subsequent posts around #577 by others and by me. Basically a master reset followed by repeating the installation instructions with one minor change worked for me. The change was to wait several minutes rather than the specified 15 seconds before restarting the car.

I used the Ford supplied USB the final time. The process took about one hour when it worked.

Good luck.
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
So is anyone else finding the speed limits having many more errors in NA 1 19 than in previous versions?

I have been running NA 1 19 since March and wish i could revert back to NA 1 18 because of the speed limit inaccuracies.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Well.....after having gone through the map update “process” and failing miserably. And having to go to the dealer to get the “process” fixed, I am now concerned that opening the trunk incorrectly by not hopping up and down on one foot exactly 7 times first will cause the Sync 3.3 system to scramble itself....I may need psychiatric counseling, lots of hugs, and ice cream...not necessarily in that order....:shock::giggle::lipssealed::)

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
So is anyone else finding the speed limits having many more errors in NA 1 19 than in previous versions?

I have been running NA 1 19 since March and wish i could revert back to NA 1 18 because of the speed limit inaccuracies.
Been fine in our area. Granted, I fixed or added a lot of the speed limit data prior to this map data drop. You can check here to see if they're still wrong and submit a fix if they are:

https://mapcreator.here.com/

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I purchased USB from Ford instead of free download. After they sent me a second USB with updated license file, i attempted loading. Was upgrading from 1 17 to 1 19. Hooked car up to charger and started update using accessory mode. Took about an hour. Looks like its working, including NAV voice. About half way through it asked me if i wanted to continue. INFO page still says 1 17.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I purchased USB from Ford instead of free download. After they sent me a second USB with updated license file, i attempted loading. Was upgrading from 1 17 to 1 19. Hooked car up to charger and started update using accessory mode. Took about an hour. Looks like its working, including NAV voice. About half way through it asked me if i wanted to continue. INFO page still says 1 17.
The only time you can remove the usb is when you get this message
20200715_182018.jpg

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Been fine in our area. Granted, I fixed or added a lot of the speed limit data prior to this map data drop. You can check here to see if they're still wrong and submit a fix if they are:

https://mapcreator.here.com/
Thank you for doing this. Also, can you advise when Sync 3.4 will be released to the wild? Thanks again.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
20200715_182018.jpg
Caveat...when you see it the *final* time when it stays on screen. There's the automatic restart in the middle which is where it seems folks are pulling the stick early and not finishing the install.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Thank you for doing this. Also, can you advise when Sync 3.4 will be released to the wild? Thanks again.
Last I checked in Oasis, it was still showing July for MY20, early August MY19. Haven't heard any specific dates yet.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
20200715_182018.jpg
i also got a second usb from Ford with correct license file, let it run 90 minutes, screen never turned off/on the 2 times it said it should, after 90 minutes of it doing nothing I just pulled out the usb, have 1.18 now. Gonna try calling Ford tomorrow as they say you get support with the one you pay for. Any ideas, Sync is 3.3.

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Post a pic of your IVSU screen. That will indicate which files are loaded.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
i also got a second usb from Ford with correct license file, let it run 90 minutes, screen never turned off/on the 2 times it said it should, after 90 minutes of it doing nothing I just pulled out the usb, have 1.18 now. Gonna try calling Ford tomorrow as they say you get support with the one you pay for. Any ideas, Sync is 3.3.
Are you asking why your sync 3.3 is showing 1.18 and not the updated 1.19?