New Navigation map update June 29th

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
No, you didn’t really need to do the MR prior to install. The problem is the stick was pulled one step early. That’s why you had no voice or gracenotes and those are last to go.

IVSU slider is probably just some UI glitch for that screen.
Note the MR clears all the audio presets; if, like me, you had a lot of Sirius/XM stations saved you'll lose them
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Note the MR clears all the audio presets; if, like me, you had a lot of Sirius/XM stations saved you'll lose them
Mine didn't clear the AM/FM presets.

Saved Nav stuff went away. Ditto WiFi, Bluetooth pairing, contacts, and some other minor preferences.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Presets aren’t saved in SYNC from memory, so they wouldn’t be cleared by a Master Reset.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Presets aren’t saved in SYNC from memory, so they wouldn’t be cleared by a Master Reset.
My presets were definitely gone (all three sets, but I generally only listen to the first/top). Given that, apparently, no two owners have the same experience with the nav update it's understandable.

If radio presets aren't set in Sync memory--volatile or non--where else would they be saved? Anyone know what happens when the battery is disconnected (hatever gets lost would have been saved in volatile RAM)?

Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
My presets were definitely gone (all three sets, but I generally only listen to the first/top). Given that, apparently, no two owners have the same experience with the nav update it's understandable.

If radio presets aren't set in Sync memory--volatile or non--where else would they be saved? Anyone know what happens when the battery is disconnected (hatever gets lost would have been saved in volatile RAM)?
I believe all preset info resides with the ACM.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Here is what I have when I get to that screen (2016 GT)
Version is Build 19205_PRODUCT
Navigation maps Version: NA 1 19

20200719_150257.jpg
So here is my situation - I tried applying the patch and (being an idiot) forgot about the auto-shutoff, so 30 min in the car shut off. When i tried to re-start the install I got a BGMAP_ERR01, and every time I tried restarting the update.
So I did a Master Reset and tried again (this time disabling the auto shutoff). Inserted the USB got the "do you want to upgrade" message hit OK and let the car run for 2 solid hours....with nary a message or popup. Pulled the USB and checked my map version and files and they LOOK like the right ones.
HOWEVER now EVERY time I start the car I get the "upgrade in process window leave the USB in" and have to hit OK to get to the interface. I tried a Master Reset again and that did NOT fix it. Trying to contact Ford is like trying to find the Holy Grail....it ain't happening. Suggestions?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
It sounds like what happened to me once or twice before finally having success.

What finally worked was to connect a battery charger instead of running the car (I have no idea if or why that would make a difference vs. random good luck) and then make sure I CAREFULLY followed the exact instructions downloaded from the website. For this attempt I did have the purchased USB rather than a downloaded copy but I had previously tried the purchased USB.
See my "success" post above for more detail.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
So here is my situation - I tried applying the patch and (being an idiot) forgot about the auto-shutoff, so 30 min in the car shut off. When i tried to re-start the install I got a BGMAP_ERR01, and every time I tried restarting the update.
So I did a Master Reset and tried again (this time disabling the auto shutoff). Inserted the USB got the "do you want to upgrade" message hit OK and let the car run for 2 solid hours....with nary a message or popup. Pulled the USB and checked my map version and files and they LOOK like the right ones.
HOWEVER now EVERY time I start the car I get the "upgrade in process window leave the USB in" and have to hit OK to get to the interface. I tried a Master Reset again and that did NOT fix it. Trying to contact Ford is like trying to find the Holy Grail....it ain't happening. Suggestions?
Try the process with another USB. Make sure the files, and most importantly the license file, are correct.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I thing the question was how do you keep the car in accessory mode for an hour!
You can't. It will start a countdown to shut off power at 45 min... BUT if you catch it before the countdown window (with a blue bar graph), and turn ignition off then back on, it won't abort the update. It happened to both the F-150 and Mustang, and no issues. Having said that, it took about 43 minutes on the Mustang, and I barely caught the countdown before it ended, so check it before :).

Some great info:Short notes (for those 19s with 3.3):
-in the diagnostic menu, check your version numbers. There should be 5 files.
-*21-CAC is the updated MAP. *22-CAF is the updated Voice Nav
My car checks out okay, and just tried 'show restaurants', and it worked. But still shows 1.18 maps. So how can we get that fixed? No way I'd download everything again just for that, but curious what's the cure. Thx.

Anyone know what happens when the battery is disconnected
I replaced mine with an AGM, and nothing was lost, to my surprise. However, the memory settings were corrupted, or at least the #1, because when I tried it, everything went to where it was supposed to, except the freaking left mirror, which started bouncing at the top (TAC, TAC, TAC) incessantly, until I figured out how to stop it. Re-set the memory, and hasn't happened again, so who knows what happened.

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
..........But still shows 1.18 maps. So how can we get that fixed? No way I'd download everything again just for that, but curious what's the cure. Thx.
Known Issue on existing v3.2 /3.3. No fix until Ford releases v3.4(Unless you use Cyanlabs update method)
If you want to confirm you have the NA 1.19 update pull the IVSU screen and compare it to what has been posted here a few times.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks brother. But you missed what I said right before what you quoted: 'My car checks out okay', referring to those 2 files, which are indeed on my IVSU screen. And nav voice commands seem to work as well (just tried the restaurant one). But now I have a new question for you :D: Are there any other uses for that diagnostic menu, other than just seeing stuff? Can you change anything? Thx.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Thanks brother. But you missed what I said right before what you quoted: 'My car checks out okay', referring to those 2 files, which are indeed on my IVSU screen. And nav voice commands seem to work as well (just tried the restaurant one). But now I have a new question for you :D: Are there any other uses for that diagnostic menu, other than just seeing stuff? Can you change anything? Thx.
Lol!!.. I did my bad!.. BUT.. word is Ford might be releasing v3.4 early August...Maybe! As for the diagnostic screen, I dont think any changes there are permanent. Kind of "read only"

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well after seeing some people having success with just letting the update go longer after the first message of it being done I took the plunge. I decided to drive around for a bit. Saw the update finished message then it rebooted. Got the 2nd system update message. Took about 60 mins and all went well. Voice navigation works. I didn't even bother to see if it showed the correct maps version or not.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Well after seeing some people having success with just letting the update go longer after the first message of it being done I took the plunge. I decided to drive around for a bit. Saw the update finished message then it rebooted. Got the 2nd system update message. Took about 60 mins and all went well. Voice navigation works. I didn't even bother to see if it showed the correct maps version or not.
Did you this message?
20200715_182018.jpg
Sponsored