Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Some great info:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/sync-map-update-lst_err05-479185/index11/

Short notes (for those 19s with 3.3)
-in the diagnostic menu, check your version numbers. There should be 5 files.
-*21-CAC is the updated MAP. *22-CAF is the updated Voice Nav
-If you are missing *22-CAF (the voice file) the install didn't finish.
-If you have *22-CAF, a master reset will remount it properly and you should get the voice nav back.
Sponsored

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Some great info:.......
-in the diagnostic menu, check your version numbers. There should be 5 files.
-*21-CAC is the updated MAP. *22-CAF is the updated Voice Nav
-If you are missing *22-CAF (the voice file) the install didn't finish.
-If you have *22-CAF, a master reset will remount it properly and you should get the voice nav back.
APP = 14G381
UTILITY = 14G386
VOICE = 14G391
MAPS = 14G421
NAVIGATION VOICE = 14G422
GRACENOTES = 14G423
LICENSE = 14G424
RADIO LOGOS = 14G658

Sponsored

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Update. Got a call on Friday the dealer wants my car back on Monday to run some test on the APIM. After reading thru some of the 150 forum it sounds like it didn't finish. So I just got back from a ride. Put the usb drive back in and it started the update again. After about 20 minutes the message came up that it finished the update. Left it sit for a few minutes. It didn't reboot so I clicked on the continue. Tried my nav voice and it didn't work. So I pulled over shut the car off and waited for about 4 minutes. Restarted the car let the system reboot and settle down. Hit the voice button said navigation it responded of course. Said go home and bam it routed me home. Cancelled that with voice it cancelled. Told it to find an address and it did. Tried all the other voice commands and they all work. So I can cancel the appt in the morning. After I got home I left the car sit for about 1/2 hour and tried again. It still works.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Update. Got a call on Friday the dealer wants my car back on Monday to run some test on the APIM. After reading thru some of the 150 forum it sounds like it didn't finish. So I just got back from a ride. Put the usb drive back in and it started the update again. After about 20 minutes the message came up that it finished the update. Left it sit for a few minutes. It didn't reboot so I clicked on the continue. Tried my nav voice and it didn't work. So I pulled over shut the car off and waited for about 4 minutes. Restarted the car let the system reboot and settle down. Hit the voice button said navigation it responded of course. Said go home and bam it routed me home. Cancelled that with voice it cancelled. Told it to find an address and it did. Tried all the other voice commands and they all work. So I can cancel the appt in the morning. After I got home I left the car sit for about 1/2 hour and tried again. It still works.
:thumbsup: Good For you!!..:like: If you dont mind, post a pic of your IVSU screen.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Yep, any time nav voice commands stop working after a nap update, it’s either the packs weren’t installed due to early removal/interruption of install (most common) or an image didn’t mount (rare) and it needs a master reset to clear it up.

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Question on the master reset to fix the voice:

Should the update usb be plugged in during the reset? As I recall I got a message after the reset which stated that an update was in process and to leave the usb in with the engine running. However the master reset instructions say to remove all usbs.

Thanks!

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Question on the master reset to fix the voice:

Should the update usb be plugged in during the reset? As I recall I got a message after the reset which stated that an update was in process and to leave the usb in with the engine running. However the master reset instructions say to remove all usbs.

Thanks!
Check what is installed first to avoid doing a MR when it might not be needed. Vast majority just need the last section of the install run to fix. If all packages are installed and it still doesn’t work, then just run it he MR to attempt a fix. No need for the USB drive to be plugged in, etc.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Check what is installed first to avoid doing a MR when it might not be needed. Vast majority just need the last section of the install run to fix. If all packages are installed and it still doesn’t work, then just run it he MR to attempt a fix. No need for the USB drive to be plugged in, etc.
My car is a 2018 with Sync 3.0. Nav voice control isn't working. Here are the files per bezel diagnostics. I don't know what, if anything, is actually missing. Note that I have not done a second master reset after it looked like the process ran "OK" yesterday after I did the first master reset.

2018 Mustang GT - No Nav Voice Control.jpg

Thanks!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just wanted to say thank you for jumping on here and helping us out. Much appreciated. :like:
Sponsored