2019 Kona Blue California Special
Try a master reset.
Sponsored

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just got off a chat with support they can't do a thing for me. I asked about the file to remove the maps and was told they have no idea what I am talking about and there is no file to send. So I guess I am just screwed until I can get to another dealer.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the people that answer the phones at support know what it is that is sent over email. The file I got from them comes from the techs. You may not need it. After I ran that update and it wiped out navigation completely then reinstalled maps I still had no voice control until I did a master reset. The master reset may fix your problem.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Long thread. Master Reset, Bezel Diagnostics... where do you find?

OBTW why does the engine need to be running? Can't you keep ACC mode for an hour if you stay in car and have battery on charger?

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That was the first thing I tried when it happened.

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
I had mine in acc with a charger and engine off.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm pretty sure the reason for the car running is to keep from killing the battery since the update takes about an hour. A charger on the battery should work fine in lieu of the engine running. I was out for a drive when I did my update.

Long thread. Master Reset, Bezel Diagnostics... where do you find?

OBTW why does the engine need to be running? Can't you keep ACC mode for an hour if you stay in car and have battery on charger?

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
So what is the trick to keeping the car on for the hour or so it takes to download the files from the USB to the head unit? Short of sitting in the car and making sure to hit ok every 15 min?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
So what is the trick to keeping the car on for the hour or so it takes to download the files from the USB to the head unit? Short of sitting in the car and making sure to hit ok every 15 min?
Trick? At about 20 minutes one message came up and then completion at 53 minutes. Engine temperature never exceeded 217.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
In menu setting there's an "auto engine off" you have to uncheck.

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
In menu setting there's an "auto engine off" you have to uncheck.
I checked my 2017 after seeing that in the directions but didnt find that function. It ran for at least 53 minutes.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I thing the question was how do you keep the car in accessory mode for an hour!

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Yup, 3.0 and 3.4 users do not seem to have any issues. It’s just us poor folks with 3.3 :frown:
3.0 user here. Map version shows upgraded but Navigation voice controls don't work.
I tried what tech support suggested regarding "usb out" engine running and then off, open door then lock and immediately (within 3 seconds) close door, wait at least 2 minutes and then restart. Various messages show up with update failed as the final message.

I will contact tech support next week before going through the hassle of a master reset and having to reenter user data, settings, etc.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
3.0 user here. Map version shows upgraded but Navigation voice controls don't work.
I tried what tech support suggested regarding "usb out" engine running and then off, open door then lock and immediately (within 3 seconds) close door, wait at least 2 minutes and then restart. Various messages show up with update failed as the final message.

I will contact tech support next week before going through the hassle of a master reset and having to reenter user data, settings, etc.
Honestly tech support is not going to do anything for you. Based on prior posts the voice commands problem is an APIM issue. Needs to be reset/reprogrammed by the dealer. Maybe a master reset will work. Can't hurt. Good luck.
Sponsored