New Navigation map update June 29th

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well, not sure if this is what you mean but 12 files were created 12/10/2019, 1 file was created 12/19/2018, 1 file was created 03/03/2020. Then the license file was created 07/13/2020. Everything was the same last week except the license file creation date.
The creation date never changes. That doesn't mean the file hasn't been updated.

I do wonder why the new license file?
Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Well, not sure if this is what you mean but 12 files were created 12/10/2019, 1 file was created 12/19/2018, 1 file was created 03/03/2020. Then the license file was created 07/13/2020. Everything was the same last week except the license file creation date.
Yup (as a retired engineer/web developer I still tend to overthink things--KISS, dummy). It's possible the maps version# is embedded in the license file, and if that wasn't updated it might explain why the update appeared to work but the maps version# wasn't updated on the 'about' page.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yup (as a retired engineer/web developer I still tend to overthink things--KISS, dummy). It's possible the maps version# is embedded in the license file, and if that wasn't updated it might explain why the update appeared to work but the maps version# wasn't updated on the 'about' page.
Ford said the "about" page was an issue with 3.3, not maps. The folks with 3.0 and 3.4 do not have the issue so I'm thinking maybe they are right about this one.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Ford said the "about" page was an issue with 3.3, not maps. The folks with 3.0 and 3.4 do not have the issue so I'm thinking maybe they are right about this one.
Do we have definitive info as to whether the update was actually done, but the about page doesn't correctly reflect it? I'd rather not go through the update process again, as I only have a short commute and hate to let the car run sitting in place. I don't travel far much these days, and don't use maps much, but when I do I'd like to be able to trust them.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Do we have definitive info as to whether the update was actually done, but the about page doesn't correctly reflect it? I'd rather not go through the update process again, as I only have a short commute and hate to let the car run sitting in place. I don't travel far much these days, and don't use maps much, but when I do I'd like to be able to trust them.
Maybe. You need to go into Bezel Diagnostic and APIM files (there's a post in this thread somewhere). You will need to call Ford to find out what the file name is for the 1.19 maps. This is how us 1.17 users found out we actually had 1.18 and that there was a problem in the first place.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Agreed. My GT is at the dealer, hopefully they don’t have to pull the engine to reload my nav voice commands function.....:)
Let us know how it went. Mine goes in Wednesday for this plus other things.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
G
Let us know how it went. Mine goes in Wednesday for this plus other things.
Good news! The dealer reprogrammed the APIM and all is back to normal. Still at Sync 3.3, and the display shows 1.18. So I don’t know if I have 1.19 because of the apparent bug in 3.3 preventing the proper version display. Wasn’t able to talk to anyone when I picked it up. Good luck on Wednesday at your dealer.

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
G

Good news! The dealer reprogrammed the APIM and all is back to normal. Still at Sync 3.3, and the display shows 1.18. So I don’t know if I have 1.19 because of the apparent bug in 3.3 preventing the proper version display. Wasn’t able to talk to anyone when I picked it up. Good luck on Wednesday at your dealer.
Good the hear!.. look at your IVSU screen and compare it to what I posted earlier. That would tell you which nav package you have installed.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Good the hear!.. look at your IVSU screen and compare it to what I posted earlier. That would tell you which nav package you have installed.
I’m not familiar with IVSU, I’ll need to figure that out.

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Velocity Blue
G

That’s great! Mine goes in Wed and hope
I get the same result.
Sponsored