Sponsored

New Navigation map update June 29th

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Since posting the message about the dealer wouldn't do anything for my nav issue. The service manager just called me they reported it to ford and they are waiting for them to get back to them. He is sorry that things went the why they did.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Since posting the message about the dealer wouldn't do anything for my nav issue. The service manager just called me they reported it to ford and they are waiting for them to get back to them. He is sorry that things went they why they did.
Excellent, good luck. Please keep us updated.

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Wow, if I only knew what those two things mean....:)
"Ford has launched a new “Calm Screen” in the 2020 Ford Explorer that will help motorists to get away from a world where everyone is frenetically hooked on the latest notifications on their smartphones and other devices. The “Calm Screen” mode is available on the model’s instrument panel display.

When the motorists wants to take a breather, all he needs to do is to select the “Calm Screen” setting and most of the data that is displayed in the main part of the screen will vanish. The only information that will continue to remain on the screen will be those related to the speedometer, the fuel gauge, odometer, temperature and compass direction. The color of the screen will also turn into a soft blue, which is a color scheme that Ford opted for as blue is considered to be “soothing and tranquil” color

This option is similar to the Saab “Night panel” which used to shut off all the interior lights except the one for the speedometer....."

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Diagnostics show I have the 1.19 Files; I guess I will make an appointment at the dealer to hopefully update/reset the APIM to get back the Navigation Commands.
Nav Files.jpg

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I stopped by dealer and service advisor said no problem bring it in next Friday. Monday it goes for XPEL Ultimate Paint Protection Film and full Ceramic Coating. I'll pick it up Thursday and get to the dealer on Friday. Looks like the timing worked out just right.

Yes you do!.. Hope your dealer doesnt give you the run a around!

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I don't know if anyone has posted this previously but I called Ford Sync Support today about my apparently failed map update despite using the correct license file. Sync's screen indicates it has the 1-19 map version but won't respond to navigation voice commands.

The rep checked the status of my system which means the car had "talked" with Ford's system via my home wifi.

He said the system had installed the maps but needed one more step to finish the process:

Remove any USB's
Start engine and let is run for at least 5 seconds
Turn off engine
Open driver door
Lock driver door using the door lock switch
Close driver door within 3 seconds MAXIMUM of locking the door
Wait at least 2 minutes
Then start the engine.
Navigation voice response and whatever else isn't working "should" work

Due to a recent medical procedure I won't be able to test this until at least the weekend so I don't know if this will solve the issue(s).

partswiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Titanium, 2022 Edge ST, 2022 GT CS
Hello All,

A quick question. In my 19 GT, i have Sync build 3.3, version 19052 and map version NA 1 18. I ordered the USB stick for the map update and stuck it in. Nothing happened and the blue light on the USB stayed solid. In the wife's Edge, I did the same thing and I could tell it was working as the blue light flashed constantly. I know the USB ports are working because they music that I have on other USB sticks that I have. Anybody have any idea as to why it is not installing in my Mustang? Thanks in advance.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Hello All,

A quick question. In my 19 GT, i have Sync build 3.3, version 19052 and map version NA 1 18. I ordered the USB stick for the map update and stuck it in. Nothing happened and the blue light on the USB stayed solid. In the wife's Edge, I did the same thing and I could tell it was working as the blue light flashed constantly. I know the USB ports are working because they music that I have on other USB sticks that I have. Anybody have any idea as to why it is not installing in my Mustang? Thanks in advance.
Just posted this on your other thread...
What type of USB are you using? Have you tried a different one? My unit would not read a 3.0 Sandisk stick with 64G. But it read a 3.0 Maxell 64G stick no problem.
Sponsored