Sponsored

New Mach 1 prices

MachTwo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach 1, 2014 GT, 2022 Mach 1 (ordered)
I've checked several local dealers in South Orange County, CA and $5k ADM appears on the Mach 1's I looked at. The dealer that sold me my 2014 GT didn't have any Mach 1's but they were tacking on $5k ADM on the Mach-E's so I assume they would do the same on the Mach 1. I inquired about ordering a Mach 1 from them but they said they were sold out and to talk to them next year. It didn't inspire confidence. I have a feeling I won't be buying one locally.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I've checked several local dealers in South Orange County, CA and $5k ADM appears on the Mach 1's I looked at. The dealer that sold me my 2014 GT didn't have any Mach 1's but they were tacking on $5k ADM on the Mach-E's so I assume they would do the same on the Mach 1. I inquired about ordering a Mach 1 from them but they said they were sold out and to talk to them next year. It didn't inspire confidence. I have a feeling I won't be buying one locally.
@Jay at Granger

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
I bought mine from Granger and had a hell of a good time driving it back to SOCAL. You really can't do better than 2% under invoice.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Dealers are making enough extra money on every new and used unit they sell, that IF a mach1 never sells and becomes a left over, they don't care, And they know there is an @$$ for every seat, and a sucker born every day.
Your job is to not become that sucker.
Dealers are a business, they are there to make money, and as much as they can off of every unit.
Some dealers on here are going the low price route with the hope that it will bring about return customers, they are betting on this. It should work, but it might not. People are willing to travel for a toy,fun vehicle and drive it home or get it shipped the long distance, A daily they might not bother.
I become a returning customer when the service was good, and price fair, they are hoping many are like this, It is awesome that they stepped up, and offered to take a bath on profit on mustangs in this market ,as they could easily make a bunch more per unit if they wanted to go that route.

The Fact that the Mach 1 is claimed to be a one year only model, will not really matter till years down the line when the numbers of units left is low and the number of clean units is even lower.
Buy it (the model,trim) if you like it, and will use the extra performance it has.

If I lived somewhere else in the country that I had places to open a performance car up, randomly on the roads without traffic and putting others at risk, I most likely would have looked at a gt or a Mach 1, but I don't. So it was ,at least to me, not worth the extra "buy in" (12-40k) to get the slight faster model.
Buy what you want, that you'll enjoy. The smiles per miles matter more than any thing else, at least to me.
YMMV

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I bought mine for sticker back in July but took a risk with the Recaro seats (see my post on here) I sold it a few weeks ago for more than I paid but less than the current sticker price. (Ford raised prices sometime in the summer). I lost my shipping and tax money, but that's the way it goes when you leap before you look.
Wait, what? Ford raised prices on the Mach 1 in the summer? I don't remember that, do you know by how much?

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought mine from Granger and had a hell of a good time driving it back to SOCAL. You really can't do better than 2% under invoice.
Dealersider is offering 4% under invoice... But a bit more of a drive to socal. IIRC, Granger is in the midwest I think?

MachTwo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach 1, 2014 GT, 2022 Mach 1 (ordered)
If I end up going out of state I would probably have to look at having it shipped. I'd rather pay a couple grand for shipping than any ADM. I didn't pay ADM on my last 3 new Mustangs and I'm not going to start now. I've seen a few posters state the Mach 1 may only be a one year model. Is there any definitive word on this? I assumed it would be offered in 2022. I'd like to get the handling package and my understanding is you can't get it now with a late 2021 order?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealersider is offering 4% under invoice... But a bit more of a drive to socal. IIRC, Granger is in the midwest I think?
Iā€™ve can only speak to buying from granger but I will only shop with them in the future. They are in Iowa which is half way across the country from me. Grangers customer service and willingness to come on here early and offer deals to enthusiasts is something I wonā€™t forget.

If I end up going out of state I would probably have to look at having it shipped. I'd rather pay a couple grand for shipping than any ADM. I didn't pay ADM on my last 3 new Mustangs and I'm not going to start now. I've seen a few posters state the Mach 1 may only be a one year model. Is there any definitive word on this? I assumed it would be offered in 2022. I'd like to get the handling package and my understanding is you can't get it now with a late 2021 order?
With the discount below invoice itā€™s cheaper to buy from granger than it is to pay msrp locally.
Iā€™m with youā€¦ā€¦would never pay an adm for any car.
Mach 1 should be a 2 year run through 2022. It is too late to order an HP car for 21 so keep your fingers crossed that in a couple weeks ford officially announces another model year.

AUsomTiger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Wait, what? Ford raised prices on the Mach 1 in the summer? I don't remember that, do you know by how much?
After I bought mine Ispecced it out on the Ford Website, the price was up about $1600 over the MSRP I paid. I'm not sure exactly when the increase happened but it looked like it would cost more to get the exact same car in July than when mine was produced.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
After I bought mine Ispecced it out on the Ford Website, the price was up about $1600 over the MSRP I paid. I'm not sure exactly when the increase happened but it looked like it would cost more to get the exact same car in July than when mine was produced.
price increase happened 1st week of June. I remember, cause @Zach@Granger was on vacation so I wasn't able to get my order in that week, and the price went up before he got back to the office :p was about 2-2.5k on my build.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
price increase happened 1st week of June. I remember, cause @Zach@Granger was on vacation so I wasn't able to get my order in that week, and the price went up before he got back to the office :p was about 2-2.5k on my build.

Sorry. :crying:

Manufacturers prices do increase frequently throughout the year. I believe Ford typically does 2 times a year, other manufacturers are a little more opportunistic.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember the first few months, the Mach 1 builder was also clearly pretty janky, and was offering options/combinations that didn't actually (officially) exist. I wonder if fixing that is what caused the price "increase"? I don't think the prices in the order guide ever changed from what I can tell, but I'm not sure.

I guess if you were able to build the exact same car both before and after the price hike, then maybe it really was just a price hike. That sucks, hah, but it might explain why the car I built seems like it's more expensive than I expected it to be after the M1 press release a year or so ago, hah.

A ~$2K increase mid-year is aggressive, though. Roughly 3-4% for the Mach 1... That's even more than a typical year-to-year increase from Ford, from what I can recall seeing. Damn supply shortages... (I assume)

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Sorry. :crying:

Manufacturers prices do increase frequently throughout the year. I believe Ford typically does 2 times a year, other manufacturers are a little more opportunistic.
lol, on me for not ordering sooner lol. I had to make sure a few things were in order before I made that commitment. turns out I could have ordered sooner and not been receiving my car any sooner though!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A ~$2K increase mid-year is aggressive, though. Roughly 3-4% for the Mach 1... That's even more than a typical year-to-year increase from Ford, from what I can recall seeing. Damn supply shortages... (I assume)
We shouldnā€™t complain too much. Fords price increases arenā€™t even keeping up with the rate of inflation lol. I would fully expect another decent jump for ā€˜22

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
I guess if you were able to build the exact same car both before and after the price hike, then maybe it really was just a price hike.
It really was a price hike, before my MSRP was 58,290, after it was 59,585. Difference of $1,295.
There was a thread somewhere showing the increase to base and each option.
Sponsored