RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
BmacIL is not on this forum anymore....and why are you quoting posts from 4 years ago?? šŸ˜†
Someone else bumped this thread ttt , and I was reading it. late at night, I didn't look at the date of post. or thread.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
@RagmopInKona you know that flow formed wheels have forged barrels and cast faces, right? So of course the faces would fail in the same way a cast wheel face would.

Expense/affordability is relative so if one can afford fully forged wheels, great, but most people, responsibly, cannot. Flow formed wheels offer a great balance of performance and price; that's why so many people buy them. If one of my flow formed wheels fails on me, I'll just slap a spare on or call AAA. Either way, still MUCH cheaper than fully forged.
I get that, but the way they fail is not good. A front blow out is bad enough at speed, without it being the hoop leaving the building also.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Ever try to use that worthless warranty?
I personally know numerous people who have used Apex's warranty with stress-free success. I even found a crack in one of my SVE wheels at the track; contacted LMR and they sent me a new one, free. Fantastic customer service.

Sounds like you've had some bad wheel experiences, but then again, I don't know who you buy your wheels from.

I know a popular "high-end" wheel brand amongst the hard parker crowd is HRE. I also know people who have used those on track and they say those wheels break quickly when subjected to real abuse. I think any quality brand will offer quality wheels and quality customer service.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I personally know numerous people who have used Apex's warranty with stress-free success. I even found a crack in one of my SVE wheels at the track; contacted LMR and they sent me a new one, free. Fantastic customer service.

Sounds like you've had some bad wheel experiences, but then again, I don't know who you buy your wheels from.

I know a popular "high-end" wheel brand amongst the hard parker crowd is HRE. I also know people who have used those on track and they say those wheels break quickly when subjected to real abuse. I think any quality brand will offer quality wheels and quality customer service.
Well, that is why hre and bbs offer race series.
Mine were BBS only way I could afford them even back then was second hand.
Seen many photo's of flow formed that have failed that come in on a hook at the my family dealerships.
Glad you had good luck with them.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
@RagmopInKona you know that flow formed wheels have forged barrels and cast faces, right? So of course the faces would fail in the same way a cast wheel face would.

Expense/affordability is relative so if one can afford fully forged wheels, great, but most people, responsibly, cannot. Flow formed wheels offer a great balance of performance and price; that's why so many people buy them. If one of my flow formed wheels fails on me, I'll just slap a spare on or call AAA. Either way, still MUCH cheaper than fully forged.
Flow formed wheels do not use forged barrels. They are spun in a centrifuge. They have forged like properties.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I have had my SP2ā€™s for almost 4 years and have never had one issue with them. The wheels are of very good quality and a weight thatā€™s unbeatable for the price point. They are also affordable enough to replace if you curb rash them.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have had my SP2ā€™s for almost 4 years and have never had one issue with them. The wheels are of very good quality and a weight thatā€™s unbeatable for the price point. They are also affordable enough to replace if you curb rash them.
I put mine through some incredible accidental abuse, and they didn't sweat it. Was crossing a street being paved and those idiots didn't complete it, so there was a big gap where there was no pavement. Couldn't stop in time, so not only did I drop into the hole but I hit the pavement ridge on the other side still going like 25. I was so pissed, but the wheels and tires held up just fine.

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 QX70 2017 Tacoma 2015 GT PP
Thinking of this wheel setup, but have a question. The Pilot Super Sport at my local shop is out of stock in the 285/35/19, but a 275/35/19 is available. The overall diameter of the 275 is very close to a 285. Seems the big difference is the width, other than a little less poke, any other issues?

Last edited:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thinking of this wheel setup, but have a question. The Pilot Super Sport at my local shop is out of stock in the 285/35/19, but a 275/35/19 is available. The overall diameter of the 275 is very close to a 285. Seems the big difference is the width, other than a little less poke, any other issues?
275/40/19 would match the stock diameter for your 2015 PP plus give you a little more sidewall than the 35. As far as width, itā€™s not a noticeable difference between 275 and 285.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
that's cause they've discontinued the PSS in 285/35R19. We've (and Ford) has moved on to the Pilot Sport 4S, which is a better tire and the successor. You can get the MP4S in stock in 285/35R19.

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply. Iā€™m thinking of going with the 10ā€ front, 11ā€ rear staggered setup that LMR offers, which uses a 305/35 rear and 285/35 front combination. To be consistent with their recommendation, the 275/35 is the closest that I can get right away. I didnā€™t mention that in my original post.

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
that's cause they've discontinued the PSS in 285/35R19. We've (and Ford) has moved on to the Pilot Sport 4S, which is a better tire and the successor. You can get the MP4S in stock in 285/35R19.
I donā€™t believe itā€™s available in the 305/35/19 is it?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t believe itā€™s available in the 305/35/19 is it?
No still no 305/35R19. Anyway 275/35 is pretty close.
Sponsored