Sponsored

New guy buying something tomorrow

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
There is a dealer in Tulsa trying to offload a new, never titled '16 Tech that was sitting in their showroom in that same color pattern. They're going to drop their drawers on it for sure. For the price you could score it for, you could easily add the coolers to it and save yourself a good 10k or more.

Bob Hurley Ford has it...
Sponsored

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What makes an R worth $18k more than a regular? Serious question.
Rarity. The carbon fiber wheels are about 12-16k to replace from what I've seen and read. The tires are $500 a pop vs $250 for the MPSS tires the regular 350 comes in and they're 10mm wider. The splitter is different, as is the wing.

To your point, that worth is personal in my opinion. Some see it, others don't. If you're worried about resale the R will definitely be worth it. If you just want a GT350 to drive and enjoy, there is nothing wrong with even a base GT350....

cozmo2312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT (current) 2017 Ruby Red GT350 (past)
Rarity. The carbon fiber wheels are about 12-16k to replace from what I've seen and read. The tires are $500 a pop vs $250 for the MPSS tires the regular 350 comes in and they're 10mm wider. The splitter is different, as is the wing.

To your point, that worth is personal in my opinion. Some see it, others don't. If you're worried about resale the R will definitely be worth it. If you just want a GT350 to drive and enjoy, there is nothing wrong with even a base GT350....
I get why they charge more... but why is it worth more? The carbon wheels are cool and all, but it seems most people pull them off anyway and buy "streetable" wheels unless they're making it a full track car.

I'm willing to bet in a couple of years there will be some aftermarket carbon wheels popping up at significantly less cost than the OEM ford wheels. So you've got tires that you have to replace at some point anyway, and a wing... bigger rear sway?

The R is cool, don't get me wrong, but $18k is a lot of coin for the differences in the two.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get why they charge more... but why is it worth more? The carbon wheels are cool and all, but it seems most people pull them off anyway and buy "streetable" wheels unless they're making it a full track car.

I'm willing to bet in a couple of years there will be some aftermarket carbon wheels popping up at significantly less cost than the OEM ford wheels. So you've got tires that you have to replace at some point anyway, and a wing... bigger rear sway?

The R is cool, don't get me wrong, but $18k is a lot of coin for the differences in the two.

I would agree, which is why I'm not looking to upgrade into an R. :D
It's really only going to matter with resale. The R will always carry a better one. If that matters, then it matters. To me, it doesn't really matter, that's not what I bought the car for.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I am in chicagoland and have gone out 100 miles. No R deals out there and have found gt 350 only at msrp. You need to figure in several things
1. are you really going to track it
2. tires for everyday use and finding someone to work on carbon fiber wheels
3. are you a collector? Cars you goanna drive are going depreciate fast
4. I can not see into the future but a 15 grand is not worth it on a car you are going to drive enjoy. As much as I would like a R for me I can not make the case for 15 grand over. Finally if you go out of state you need to factor in your time and the cost to get the car home by local if possible. Some finf me a R for 2 grand over with stripes I will buy it within 100 miles of Chicago good luck buy it then drive it like its stolen
v-man I echo your comments above. These are some of the main reasons I decided to go with a standard GT350. For an all around driving experience and what I plan to use the car for the standard GT350 made more sense. If my main goals for the car was as a collector or for mainly track duty the R would have been the better choice.

Sponsored

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Cozmo and Stoked, I completely agree with your comments. :thumbsup:

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
I wouldn't encourage anyone to pay a 20k ADM for an R.

With that being said, I'll sell you my 255 mile R for 15k over sticker. :D

This offer is only good for today.
well your challenge will separate the men from the boys

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
your challenge will separate the men from the boys

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
$1k over on the regular 350 isn't THAT bad a deal.

Everyone has now heard of the short run for 2018 announced by Ford, so expect a small rush on them with people expecting the 350 line to end as we know it, and on lot stock to be less flexible with price. It's just supply and demand honestly.

I personally wouldn't spend $17k extra on the R. More rare, but just not all that much different. You could do a lot for far less than that $17k; remove the back seat and get the FRRP delete and different wheels if you wanted, maybe some 6G R looking ones; and still have $10k in your pocket.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I wouldn't encourage anyone to pay a 20k ADM for an R.

With that being said, I'll sell you my 255 mile R for 15k over sticker. :D

This offer is only good for today.
Very generous offer of Tom for anyone looking, all of the dealers I call say they are getting $30K over all day long with ease (call Brandon Ford), you can save 1/2 that and you know the car has been taken care of.

Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
$1k over on the regular 350 isn't THAT bad a deal.

Everyone has now heard of the short run for 2018 announced by Ford, so expect a small rush on them with people expecting the 350 line to end as we know it, and on lot stock to be less flexible with price. It's just supply and demand honestly.

I personally wouldn't spend $17k extra on the R. More rare, but just not all that much different. You could do a lot for far less than that $17k; remove the back seat and get the FRRP delete and different wheels if you wanted, maybe some 6G R looking ones; and still have $10k in your pocket.
If I'm not mistaken, the last guy who tried to turn his GT350 into a GT350R was at about $50000 and still couldn't get one last piece of the BOM to match. The thread's around here somewhere. I may be wrong about the $50k, but it was a very large sum, much larger than the $7k with $10k left over you're talking about.

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
Look at Dallas and San Antonio Ford dealers using the Ford inventory site. I was working with some dealers asking 10K over and they called me back a week later (last week) wanting to make a deal. I told them too late - I locked in a Race Red R for $7K over.

FYI - There has been $5k over deals posted on this forum this week. Maybe try telling the dealer that and sending them here. That may sound hokey but its evidence of the prices going down.

Go with your heart and most importantly, what you can afford.

cozmo2312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT (current) 2017 Ruby Red GT350 (past)
I mean.. I'm not trying to start an argument or in any way discredit a buyer of an R.. everyone has their reasons, but if someone had a base 350 and spent $50k on it it better well be a damn Gt4 car... save yourself the carbon wheels, get some nice lightweight forged wheels that don't need a special tire machine and build a damn nice car with the rest.

These cars aren't THAT different from each other, its wheels/tires, rear wing, front splitter and sway bar right? Or am I missing something? Where did his $50k go?
Sponsored