Sponsored

New GT, some questions

Mrninja13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Hello all,
after lurking for a while, this week I finally got my 2021 GT.
Loving it so far!
Got a couple of questions:

It’s my first new car, so I’m thinking to have a Ghost immobiliser installed, would it be worth it?

Also, I definitely want stripes, would it be better to get some from the US (like the bigwormgraphix ones), or get a local shop do everything here? And on that note, does anyone know a reputable wrap place in Warwickshire/West Midlands?

Cheers!
Sponsored

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
I would just get somewhere to do the stripes for you. I used to order things like that until I found a decent vinyl sign writer locally who were not only better quality, but much cheaper and you can specify exactly what you want!

For example. A set of side stripes/logos for the mustang cost me about £120from the states when I got it. Recently I paid my local just over £200 for a complete Impreza rally car set for my track car.

As for the immobiliser I am happy with the factory security and the fact I keep my keys protected against keyless theft. I have never been that impressed with aftermarket security. Also Mustangs are really not targets for thieves generally. They all want quick German cars to use in crime. A mustang is crap to use in crime, no room for crooks or stolen stuff, stands out too much, is too much of a handful as a getaway car and generally just draws too much attention. Not to say it doesn’t happen but you are far more likely to have a semi quick mid rangeGerman car stolen. 👍

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
welcome to the club :fistbump: We need pics, it's kinda a rule round these parts :sunglasses:

No idea on your immobiliser question, hopefully someone else will chip in. Re stripes, I'd get someone local to do it or a recommendation from someone here that's had theirs done. Sometimes it's worth the travel to get the job done by a known good garage.

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition
Welcome! Nice to have another mustang in Warwickshire.:rockon: I almost got my roof wrapped at ReddiWarps in Redditch but changed my mind and wanted to keep the roof blue. Might be worth getting a quote from them, I know they have worked on a few mustangs before. My friend had a Toyota GT86 wrapped by them and said the work was great.

Not sure on immobiliser costs but a much cheaper alternative may be to just get a dislock. I had one from when I had a MK7 Fiesta ST and it fits the mustang perfectly. Obviously not as secure as the Ghost but still a good piece of mind.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
defo get a fob protection pouch. I use Defender I think, works great against relay theft.

Sponsored

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the Ghost on mine. It's pretty good for the most part, although it does have a tendency to throw the engine light if I put the code in too soon/late after turning on the ignition. However, Autowatch are pretty good with support, and there might be an update now to stop that happening.

It did cause me one issue, though. Not long after I got it installed, I got stuck on the M25 for a while as both tunnels at Dartford were shut for a bit. Not wishing to have the V8 attempt to rival the England cricket team's drinking, I turned it off while I sat there. When the traffic started moving, I completely forgot about entering the code, and pushed the start button, and -nothing. Cue panic from me and horns from the folks behind. Moral of the story, Everything I touch continues to be a disaster, as usual. :)

OP
OP
Mrninja13

Mrninja13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Ah ah, oh dear, I might hold on the ghost a bit then. I use a faraday pouch and a stoplock, so that might be enough.

Thanks for the input on the stripes, I’ll give the place in redditch a call.

I didn’t see the car until I picked it out (long story) but it looked better than I imagined, the colour is fantastic!
7C5C0D3F-F3F2-4E8A-81C2-E42BE134AD58.jpeg

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Congrats on becoming a Mustang owner. Car looks great.
:thumbsup:

I agree with Tin O'spam.

I've had a Ghost II installed and it's a f*@#ing pain in the ass.
I get the engine light, like every 3rd start.
I'm almost at the point of ripping the thing out of my car!

I'd suggest you consider an alternative. An acquiantance has had Pandora fitted to his 3 latest cars & no bother, afaik.

Vince

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have the ghost fitted to mine and i think its amazing. I live in London, there has been a few car jackings in the area and a crazy amount of nightime driveway thefts of cars that have alarm and imobiliser systems light years ahead of my mustangs. Its a passive system nearly impossible to find and even if i hand them the keys they still couldn't take it. I sleep well knowing i have it. Nothing is 100% but it comes dam close.

Vince

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

I agree with Tin O'spam.

I'd suggest you consider an alternative. An acquiantance has had Pandora fitted to his 3 latest cars & no bother, afaik.
[/QUOT

I agree with Tin O'spam.

Could it be the fitting? Ive had mine 18 months and not one issue at all. Might be worth having it reinstalled by another person.

OP
OP
Mrninja13

Mrninja13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I am looking at the pandora storm, it should do what the ghost does plus a lot more.

But to be honest I’m also looking at a gap insurance instead. It costs more or less the same but also works if the car is written off.

I don’t have any experience with gap insurance though, and I can’t say I am a big fan of dealing with insurances…

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
I am looking at the pandora storm, it should do what the ghost does plus a lot more.

But to be honest I’m also looking at a gap insurance instead. It costs more or less the same but also works if the car is written off.

I don’t have any experience with gap insurance though, and I can’t say I am a big fan of dealing with insurances…
IF you are intending to modify the car, check the small print of the GAP policy as these only normally cover for Standard and not modified cars.
Sponsored