Mark The Cabby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Hi all,

I'm Mark from Oxfordshire and I placed an order for a GT in August and since then have not heard anything really from the dealer.

I'm intrigued where / how some of you have some information regarding the build dates ect, and wondered if this information was accessible to me?

I have test driven a GT convertible and I loved it, I have an Insignia VXR at the moment and was sceptical about going from a 4 wheel drive car to a rear wheel drive car but since the test drive I can't wait to get mine.

I've sort of accepted the fact that I may not get my car until August this year but wish it was sooner.

I've been around car based forums for nearly 6 years and I hope to be a regular poster..

Mark...
Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi all,

I'm Mark from Oxfordshire and I placed an order for a GT in August and since then have not heard anything really from the dealer.

I'm intrigued where / how some of you have some information regarding the build dates ect, and wondered if this information was accessible to me?

I have test driven a GT convertible and I loved it, I have an Insignia VXR at the moment and was sceptical about going from a 4 wheel drive car to a rear wheel drive car but since the test drive I can't wait to get mine.

I've sort of accepted the fact that I may not get my car until August this year but wish it was sooner.

I've been around car based forums for nearly 6 years and I hope to be a regular poster..

Mark...
Send an email here [email protected] , my order went through on the 4th August and it is due to be built in February with delivery in May, yours should be similar.

OP
OP
Mark The Cabby

Mark The Cabby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Send an email here [email protected] , my order went through on the 4th August and it is due to be built in February with delivery in May, yours should be similar.
Thanks for your reply,

Do you know what information I will need to supply in an e-mail???

Regards,

Mark...

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
:welcome:

you'll just need the date of order, dealer name and address. Your name and address and the colour and spec of the car initially. They should them be able to give you the order number

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for your reply,

Regards,

Mark...
Just your dealer code and order number.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark The Cabby

Mark The Cabby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Thanks guys,

I'll talk to my dealer in the morning...

Any information will be better than none...

OP
OP
Mark The Cabby

Mark The Cabby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Hi all,

Mark...
Hi & welcome!

I'm in Oxfordshire too, ordered in October. Out of interest (might see you around in the future), GT or EB? Colour? Also, if you ordered in August, I'd expect a May/June delivery as the 12 month wait seems to be dropping of late.

OP
OP
Mark The Cabby

Mark The Cabby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Hi & welcome!

I'm in Oxfordshire too, ordered in October. Out of interest (might see you around in the future), GT or EB? Colour? Also, if you ordered in August, I'd expect a May/June delivery as the 12 month wait seems to be dropping of late.
I've ordered a manual GT in deep impact blue with the custom pack and I would love to get it sooner than August!

Regards,

Mark...

Sponsored

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
I've ordered a manual GT in deep impact blue with the custom pack and I would love to get it sooner than August!

Regards,

Mark...
Blimey that was exactly my first choice! wanted the black wheels though & thought the DIB looked better with the chrome (IMO) so changed to the RR at the last minute.
You've just made me happy with my choice mate.....to avoid the chance of Oxon twins knocking about (at least in the early days anyway) & with a bit of luck I'll see you about one day too :)

OP
OP
Mark The Cabby

Mark The Cabby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Blimey that was exactly my first choice! wanted the black wheels though & thought the DIB looked better with the chrome (IMO) so changed to the RR at the last minute.
You've just made me happy with my choice mate.....to avoid the chance of Oxon twins knocking about (at least in the early days anyway) & with a bit of luck I'll see you about one day too :)
Did you order yours at Gowrings? And we'll have to get some pictures of both our cars in the Oxfordshire countryside when we get them...

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Thanks for your reply,

Regards,

Mark...

They found my order with just my
Name
Where I ordered it
And the spec I had.

So if you can't get your dealer to give your info just go with that.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Regards,

Mark...
August would be a good turn around (and within their 12 months), the backlog is pretty high at the moment, however all cars ordered (I believe in December, but maybe early jan ones will be let 'slide') since Dec will be made by may (therefore worst case scenario here in August).

On the flip with the 'increased production slots' on the mustangs that ford UK has just secured (I assume they have to 'bid' against Ford of other countries) you could see it sooner.

As you're also a 'August' buyer, much like myself, expect it built in Q1 for a delivery after that, as others have mentioned [email protected] is your best source of information as they can give you on the fly updates as and when, you'll need to provide them with car spec/your name/dealearship + salesman name (If u dont know their dealer number)/When you ordered, or if you have fords internal 'Order Number' you can use this too (I use that).

But as we've all been through, who knows when they're coming until they're coming! :doh:

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Did you order yours at Gowrings? And we'll have to get some pictures of both our cars in the Oxfordshire countryside when we get them...
Yep, Gowrings in Reading, although I actually ordered through my Ford dealer in my Town.
No info at all from dealer (still on 12 month expected). Gave up with them until very close to the time. As said earlier, email the address stated (be a little patient) & you should hear back. I was informed that mine is scheduled for build in March. Allowing 3 months for delivery etc; June.

Sounds like a plan for a meet. Reckon a sunny countryside pic with them both is an artwork in the making!
Sponsored