New EPA regs coming phaseout gas engines

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
One thing most people don't realize is oil is still being made. It was not made from dinosaurs but is a natural product made by the earth. The question becomes when will we be pumping more than is being made?

The EV is not being pushed by "running out of oil" it is being pushed by fringe groups that think the earth is going to die if we continue with our modern lifestyles.
Sponsored

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
Thanks Mags for adding some decorum and thought into the conversation!

I think the world is trying to be more sustainable for obvious reasons, and it will require collaboration, and those of us who resist are only delaying the inevitable. I do plan on enjoying my GT500 to the fullest extent but also admit we need to adapt as a species…
Enjoy it while you can still afford gas and it’s still available. The day is coming.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Though this will likely get repealed as soon as the dementia patient is out of office, I think the days of lightweight V8 sports cars are near it's end (if not already there).
You want lightweight, hello turbo 4.
You want V8 power, hello 4,000-5,000 lb hybrid.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The EV is not being pushed by "running out of oil" it is being pushed by fringe groups that think the earth is going to die if we continue with our modern lifestyles.
And yet Mr I invented the Internet, and planet has a fever, and Miami will get washed out to sea, keeps buying property that was supposed to be under water a decade ago.

Talk about inconvenient truths.

RMoeslein

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2020 f250 lariat Tremor

I think the world is trying to be more sustainable for obvious reasons, and it will require collaboration, and those of us who resist are only delaying the inevitable. I do plan on enjoying my GT500 to the fullest extent but also admit we need to adapt as a species…
We need to adapt in reasonable and logical ways..... thats in direct conflict with Liberal BS!

Sponsored

V8Platty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2020 F-150 V8
I suspect the dream of EVs will fade away shortly after current owners who get burned on zero resale value and expensive upkeep with their 1st EV experience don't go on to have a 2nd EV experience. And many other users, having had any number of bad EV experiences will also say never again.

The manufacturers who have lost billions upon billions of dollars in this failed EV craze are also seeing the light and bailing out of this doomed marketplace.

Infrastructure will never be created with sufficient volume to support EVs as anything more than a toy. And, with batteries always requiring minutes to hours to charge, and effectively no way to easily bring fuel to a dead EV, this is simply not viable long term technology.

This industry is only kept afloat by gov't subsidies and false hope legislation about phasing out ICEs. Should any of that be removed this industry dies overnight.

Battery technology will have to improve by leaps and bounds before EV cars and trucks can even think of becoming a reality. That clearly isn't happening any time soon. Incremental improvements in battery tech will let our phones and computers run longer, but for large scale applications this won't be happening in any of our lifetimes.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
One thing most people don't realize is oil is still being made. It was not made from dinosaurs but is a natural product made by the earth. The question becomes when will we be pumping more than is being made?
Hello; Without trying to lecture too much I agree that oil can be in the process of forming as we type. The organic detritus (dead stuff) has to accumulate in large masses before much decay can happen. Then buried for long time and trapped under layers of sediment that trap the volatile byproducts. I sort of figure human land fills and maybe sediment layers at the mouths of major rivers like the Mississippi might some day yield such.

It is the rate of formation versus the rate of depletion that surrounds the debate. I do figure some is being formed somewhere right now. I just do not know if such formation is fast enough to yield a continuous supply of petroleum. Maybe natural gas can be ongoing and continuous.
But consumption rates of known reserves has been increasing since we first began to use oil as a fuel. They had me convinced we would reach "peak oil" back around 2004. Technology changed that and we are still pumping large amounts of oil 20 years later. I hesitate to predict an end for practical rates of oil recovery.

Think I just wasted some space.

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 premium GT A10 3.55s
Reading matters too…(not directed at you Dan, just a general statement)

IMG_2809.png
This is comically incorrect. Road vehicles do not “generate the greatest source of air pollutants”. Rather than consider the flights the people deciding this nonsense, they’d rather blame those of us paying their salaries. Airplanes generate significantly more than any of our vehicles combined.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This is comically incorrect. Road vehicles do not “generate the greatest source of air pollutants”. Rather than consider the flights the people deciding this nonsense, they’d rather blame those of us paying their salaries. Airplanes generate significantly more than any of our vehicles combined.
Hello; I do not have a copy to show but have seen in the past a chart showing fuel use. Best i recall military use was the greatest amount. I think personal transportation was one of the smaller wedges of the consumption chart.

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 premium GT A10 3.55s
Thanks for that. I disagree with their nonsense in general, but purposely lying is unacceptable. You can have whatever goals you want, but when you blatantly lie to people to get that goal, there is nothing right about you or your goals at that point. Ban the EPA

Sponsored

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual

Thanks for spreading the truth. The "fossil fuel/dinosaur" propaganda is just terrible.

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual

Location checks out

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
Not sure what my location has to do with anything, I would be saying the same thing at each of the 7 countries I have lived in throughout my life….

I think gas, electric , hydrogen all have a role and part to play, no need to ban any, just get smarter at what energy to use when….

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I disagree. We’re in a lose-lose situation this go around IMO. For different reasons but in the end, we the people will ultimately lose. We need (and deserve) better choices.

And I will leave it at that as this is not the forum for such discussions.
100000%. Of all the capable, intelligent people in this country, our only 2 choices are washed up, egomaniacal fossils that are either insane or have lost their mind. There are high school students that are more qualified.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Vote like your V8 depends on it. The drive to eliminate ICE won't end with new car sales. Banning gas stations and eventually refusing to register and license ICE vehicles will come. Don't believe me? Talk to the owners of firearms about the camel's nose under the tent.
I no longer care and will steal away to drive my supercharged V8 throughout the wastelands of the Road Warrior.
Lord Farquaad.jpg
Sponsored