New ECU calibration help

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So my ecu is fried. New one on the way. Question, is there a way to get the new ecu updated with the correct files without it being on the car where it's just plug and play? If not it's going to be 4 weeks before ford can do it
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Pretty sure Ford will need to address for you. My understanding is the ecm, pcm and bcm all must synch up.

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I can confirm what Stang 19 mentioned about syncing. The dealership fried 2 new PCMs trying to sync the modules, accusing me of putting a tube on the car. After 4 weeks of the dealership and Ford trying to fix the issue, someone at Ford in Dearborn identified an issue (a bug?) in Ford's programing tool/software for GT350's. A Ford engineer had to go to the dealership with special software to program and sync the modules in my car. Hopefully things go better for the OP.

OP
OP

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can confirm what Stang 19 mentioned about syncing. The dealership fried 2 new PCMs trying to sync the modules, accusing me of putting a tube on the car. After 4 weeks of the dealership and Ford trying to fix the issue, someone at Ford in Dearborn identified an issue (a bug?) in Ford's programing tool/software for GT350's. A Ford engineer had to go to the dealership with special software to program and sync the modules in my car. Hopefully things go better for the OP.
That sounds like a nightmare. 🤦‍♂️...its been in the shop 4 weeks diagnosing a simple p0356 code.

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It was a major nightmare! 🤬 I was told that my car was 1 of 6 nationwide affected by the programming "bug". Nonetheless, all is well now. 👍

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
So my ecu is fried. New one on the way. Question, is there a way to get the new ecu updated with the correct files without it being on the car where it's just plug and play? If not it's going to be 4 weeks before ford can do it
When installing a new PCM a PMI needs to be done . After that a parameter reset needs to be performed .

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know , I use Ford software.
Sponsored