OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Car and Driver says you should buy the options on the M2 Competition that get you to an MSRP just slightly under $60K.

https://www.caranddriver.com/bmw/m2

Yea but I want to lease and the lease is worse than the M4s lease. I may end up just keeping the Mustang, as I love my Mustang. I just get the itch every once in awhile to get back into an M car again.
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
My problem with BMW or Audi is that all models look very similar and the streets and roads are crawling with them, they're too damn ordinary looking cars. Ofc M3/M4 is very rare but they just look too close.

Mustang on the other hand, it's a rare spectacle to see, and even nicer to hear. Everyone turns their head. Feels like driving in Ferrari. Maybe things are completely reversed across the pond, but still think you must have many BMWs in the streets. Just one aspect I was contemplating before my buy (it was very easy decision in the end, M4 was 30k more expensive as well).

Not saying M4 isn't great looking in blue, it absolutely is.
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/czech/photo/compilation/T0327374CS

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
My problem with BMW or Audi is that all models look very similar and the streets and roads are crawling with them, they're too damn ordinary looking cars. Ofc M3/M4 is very rare but they just look too close.

Mustang on the other hand, it's a rare spectacle to see, and even nicer to hear.
Agree 100%. I admire the Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches, McLarens, etc. I see, and especially Audi R8 looks cool (and sounds really niiiice, I always roll down the window to hear it), but my eyes really light up when I once in a very rare while see a Camaro, or even more rare, a Dodge Charger/Challenger.

Mustang I see a couple of times a month here, Camaro, a couple of times a year. Charger: can only remember seeing it once.

Viva la diferencia.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
No the M2C was more expensive. They started at $83K, my build for the M4 is just under $75K.
The M2C was never 83k It was never 70k I paid 59k Brand new in January.
They might be that much now because they don't make them anymore.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,

Mustang on the other hand, it's a rare spectacle to see, and even nicer to hear. Everyone turns their head. Feels like driving in Ferrari. Maybe things are completely reversed across the pond, but still think you must have many BMWs in the streets. Just one aspect I was contemplating before my buy (it was very easy decision in the end, M4 was 30k more expensive as well).

I have a friend that was stationed in Europe with the US Military. They had their Pontiac Grand Prix shipped over when transferred over. When they went on road trips & stop at gas stations or a restaurant, people would come up and look at the car and ask questions about it. A typical North American market GM uninspiring car, was an exotic in Europe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The M2C was never 83k It was never 70k I paid 59k Brand new in January.
They might be that much now because they don't make them anymore.
Hey guys sorry misspoke, I thought you guys were talking about the M2CS. I am aware that a M2C is quite a bit cheaper than the M4. However, the lease is awful on them.

That being said...the Ford Mustang GT is really a pleasure to drive though. QC issues aside it really is a great driving car.

Dave

Last edited:

Prefo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 and 2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I got to drive one the other day and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. Car and Driver ran 0-60 in 3.8 and it did the 1/4 mile in 12.0@ 121mph. How can this be when this car is similar weight to the Mustang GT manual and with only 13hp more per rating. I have to say this thing flies. I noticed no, none, zero turbo lag. The front of the car is growing on me and to be honest there is no comparison as far as build quality and interior. As it should be as this car is over $20k more than fully loaded Mustang GT premium. The thing is it leases pretty good compared to buying a Mach 1. I like to lease as I get the tax write off as I am self-employed.

The manual tranny shifter was typical BMW meaning a little rubbery, just like my E92 M3 was and my previous E46 M3s. The Mustang even with its Getrag MT82D4 feel is much better as was the sound. I will say it did sound better than the older F8X cars but still not a V8.

I bought my 2020 Mustang GT 300a PP car for just $38k on got 0 percent financing for 72 mos. I actually have about $6-8K equity in the car. Kind of torn...love the Mustang but I am itching to get back into a M car again.
Can't go wrong bro. I'm personally not a fan of the german pontiac's (bmw & benz) as I've owned too many of them and won't do it again. I would keep your Mustang, but those M series cars aren't too shabby looking.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I got to drive one the other day and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. Car and Driver ran 0-60 in 3.8 and it did the 1/4 mile in 12.0@ 121mph. How can this be when this car is similar weight to the Mustang GT manual and with only 13hp more per rating...

Kind of torn...love the Mustang but I am itching to get back into a M car again.
I feel you. I dream often of my old E92 335i — the steering was to die for and the 1800rpm peak torque was intoxicating.

I’ve been quite happy was my modified suspension, interior, and steering in my 2016 PP GT. I paid 36k otd for a premium PP which was a steal. That said, the new M240i has my eye…it will likely bring me back into BMW regardless
of a lack of manual. That, or the new M2.

I got quoted $899 per month with $5k down as it pretty much is a base M4. The most expensive option is the 19"/20" wheels. I get some loyalty discounts but it didn't amount to much it was like $1k.
Explore any military discounts? BMW is really good on new purchases; maybe a lease too?

— Mike

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
100 percent the opposite here in So Cal. There are 5 mustangs at every stop light, I probable see 10 or more driving home 13 miles each day. I have seen 4 M2's since I got mine last January.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel you. I dream often of my old E92 335i — the steering was to die for and the 1800rpm peak torque was intoxicating.

I’ve been quite happy was my modified suspension, interior, and steering in my 2016 PP GT. I paid 36k otd for a premium PP which was a steal. That said, the new M240i has my eye…it will likely bring me back into BMW regardless
of a lack of manual. That, or the new M2.

Explore any military discounts? BMW is really good on new purchases; maybe a lease too?

— Mike

Hey Mike, does this work for Veterans, no longer active duty. Usually the best lease deals are from BMW themselves.

I bought my 2020 when Covid just hit. I got a $42K car discounted down to $38K and 0 out of pocket and 72 mos. with 0 interest. This is what really keeps me in the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100 percent the opposite here in So Cal. There are 5 mustangs at every stop light, I probable see 10 or more driving home 13 miles each day. I have seen 4 M2's since I got mine last January.

Agreed, thats why I modded the car literally the first week I got it. Within 7 days I had new wheel and a Ford Racing Track kit installed.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

For the M4 it was only $500, but I also get $1000 for loyalty reward. I am going to wait for the LCI upgrade in another yr. or so.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

I'm not sure why, but here in MN it's the same way. I see lots of BMWs and a fair number of M cars, but very few Mustangs. I wouldn't compare it to a Ferrari, but I do enjoy those rare occasions when I see a Mustang on the road.

I think the Mustangs are usually nice day only cars, whereas the people who buy Bimmers drive them every day.

And we get about 5 nice days per year here.
Sponsored