Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Than a Mustang GT, fixed that for ya.
to be fair the M3/M4's are 4x4 and Turbo cars with engines capable of a lot of HP. And a very sorted chassis/suspension I'm not sure what Mustang besides the GT500 you can compare them to. And then the M3/M4 has the pricing advantage. So overall it's better value for money than the Mustang.

Mongoose930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
427 Cobra
BMW = Bring More Wallet. I loved my coupe, but after about 50K miles, it became a maintenance nightmare.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
to be fair the M3/M4's are 4x4 and Turbo cars with engines capable of a lot of HP. And a very sorted chassis/suspension I'm not sure what Mustang besides the GT500 you can compare them to. And then the M3/M4 has the pricing advantage. So overall it's better value for money than the Mustang.
Maybe if you live near the factory there's good value, but here in the US a lightly used M4 comp costs about 3x a brand new Mustang GT (~$93k vs $33K). They cost $20k more than a base GT500.

Here in the US BMWs are too expensive for what you get in my opinion. I don't like the turbo 6, the switchgear isn't very good quality, and the prices are sky high.

Sponsored

DUFF TT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Twin Turbo
Those M4s are really nice. My friend has one with a tune and bolt-ons, and it's quick. Certainly a nice interior, as is typically the case with the German luxury whips. If you know you like M cars, and weren't planning on boosting your V8 for bragworthy dyno numbers, sounds like you can't go wrong with one. I like M cars, too, but I like bragworthy dyno numbers more, so I got a coyote with twins! 😄

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I do have to admit, I like both. For real dyno bragging rights, perhaps a Lucid Air Supreme...wait, over $250k, I don't think that is happening for me.

Those M4s are really nice. My friend has one with a tune and bolt-ons, and it's quick. Certainly a nice interior, as is typically the case with the German luxury whips. If you know you like M cars, and weren't planning on boosting your V8 for bragworthy dyno numbers, sounds like you can't go wrong with one. I like M cars, too, but I like bragworthy dyno numbers more, so I got a coyote with twins! 😄

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Great cars - I owned two M4’s - but they sound like a petrol lawnmower. And that’s the reason I ordered a Mustang with a V8. Music for my soul.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is the M4 $40,000.00 more car?

Is the M4 styling fugley, or is it just me?

I love all cars, but for an extra $40,000.00 invested in the Mustang, well you know!

I think my Mustang has that undefineable "soul", a little rough, a little rumbly, and visceral.

With FI, it's an incredible road driving experience. I gapped an M4 Comp model a few years ago by a long shot.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Great cars - I owned two M4’s - but they sound like a petrol lawnmower. And that’s the reason I ordered a Mustang with a V8. Music for my soul.
I had a V8 M3 back when they were still being sold new. Those things sounded great and they were fast enough for that time. Once they came out with the twin turbo 6 cylinder I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
Sponsored