Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I don't know...I use normal when I am just going to work...track for when I am out on curvy roads. It is tamer for sure, but I don't find it gutless per se. MyMode for me is normal mode, normal steering, track exhaust. I really do wish we had gotten a suspension button like the GT500 to adjust that separately though.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

Sponsored

OP
OP
MIDLYFE

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
It was a quote from Josey Wales that I edited. I'll blame it in the medical marijuana.
Yeah, I know. I was referring to the fact that you and I are both Jersey Boys.

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
my 2021 gt only has currently 480 miles on it and i only had it for about a month . would it be risky to drive it in sport mode or manual mode without it being over the break in period?

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2021 Mustang GT/CS
I haven't even driven mine yet. My Raptor revs too high for my liking once I get up to speed while driving "normal" in sport mode. I find myself switching it back to normal unless I'm doing alot of stop and go driving. Does anyone find the GT 5.0 10 speed to be the same?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
MIDLYFE

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
my 2021 gt only has currently 480 miles on it and i only had it for about a month . would it be risky to drive it in sport mode or manual mode without it being over the break in period?
Dosen't matter what mode, just break it in easy. Probably the best thing you can do for a long life.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I haven't even driven mine yet. My Raptor revs too high for my liking once I get up to speed while driving "normal" in sport mode. I find myself switching it back to normal unless I'm doing alot of stop and go driving. Does anyone find the GT 5.0 10 speed to be the same?
The drive modes determine shift points not RPM’s. Once you are in tenth your RPM’s will be the same regardless of mode. I find sport mode tends to keep you in ninth most of time therefore higher revs.

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2021 Mustang GT/CS
The drive modes determine shift points not RPM’s. Once you are in tenth your RPM’s will be the same regardless of mode. I find sport mode tends to keep you in ninth most of time therefore higher revs.
Makes sense. Again, I have no experience with the Mustang, so thanks for the reply. The Raptor seems to stay in 7th when doing 45, which keeps rpm too high for my liking.

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
Regarding comments about the torque converter always staying locked after 1st gear, I don't believe that to always be the case. I daily it to work on the same route. Shortly after leaving the house I go up a long hill @40mph. Car always chooses 7th gear. On cold winter mornings, the rpms are approximately 200 higher than on warmer mornings. Presumably to warm up the engine faster. Maybe warm up the trans fluid faster too. Maybe there are situations where they briefly unlock for shifting too, but I don't know whether that happens or not.
Sponsored

Last edited: