Need to go back to original setup

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I tried to post (twice) in the change discussion/feedback etc thread about the intrusiveness of the ads... both of my posts were auto deleted and it looks like my permissions have been taken away for posting in that thread. I guess this software has some big-brother auto moderation crap. RIP mah freedoms.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Use Adguard or uBlock if you want, but remember, this forum makes money off of ads. That's how Mustang6g is able to function.

Also, regarding the forum update, it's fairly easy to tell that we(as humans) hate change. But without change no progress can be made. Take a week or a month and try to get used to the new forum layout. During this time, also try a positive outlook on the whole situation. Give the forum a chance and don't squabble/nitpick every little thing. Just give it a chance.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to post (twice) in the change discussion/feedback etc thread about the intrusiveness of the ads... both of my posts were auto deleted and it looks like my permissions have been taken away for posting in that thread. I guess this software has some big-brother auto moderation crap. RIP mah freedoms.
Depending on when you tried to post, could have been some general site errors. There were some threads and forums it wasn't keeping my user session for. Now if they went through and then disappeared...separate issue like you mentioned.

Ads do seems a lot more in your face now compared to before though. It'd be nice if logged in members saw fewer than random visitors. Overall, I think the new design is a big improvement.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Depending on when you tried to post, could have been some general site errors. There were some threads and forums it wasn't keeping my user session for. Now if they went through and then disappeared...separate issue like you mentioned.

Ads do seems a lot more in your face now compared to before though. It'd be nice if logged in members saw fewer than random visitors. Overall, I think the new design is a big improvement.

You can see in this screenshot under your post and under that beautiful ad where it says I lack posting permissions. It's like I got banned from that specific thread...lol. This must be "Making Mustang6G Great Again."
bant.jpg

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Tthis is like making popcorn in a microwave and box of chocolates . Ya never know what yer goget ....

djdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoVert
Don’t like the new site...definitely will hinder me coming back as much

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I just found out today how to check my preivate messages.lol

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Other forums have gone to this new configuration and I find myself frequenting them less and less. Nothing flows or seems visually organized anymore even though the basic layout hasn't changed. Can't stand it and will not be back as often

Sponsored

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Other forums have gone to this new configuration and I find myself frequenting them less and less. Nothing flows or seems visually organized anymore even though the basic layout hasn't changed. Can't stand it and will not be back as often
SVTperformance went to something very similar to this years ago and they never fixed it. I definitely dropped off my browsing on that site; this site WAS superior.

Now on here 2/3 of the page is forum stuff and the other 1/3 to the right is full of ads. You can keep the ads on the top or bottom, not where they take up 1/3 of my screen to the right.

I understand the need for change with updated options; but the viewing experience suffers imo.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Yep, fix this poor excuse of a forum software or go back...

I know.. change.. humans are bad at change, but change is a good thing. But not when you try and reinvent the wheel into an octagon.....

Ads on the right take up a major portion of screen real estate better us for reading - top or bottom or adblock is really needed....
Also can the damn notifications be fixed. Ive pretty much turned off all notifications except for a select few. Ive turned off all of the garage notifications, but new garage entries keep popping up with flags - and I couldnt care less about those...

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
What ads?

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Waiting on the night mode! Other than the brightness, I like it but its some getting used to.
Sponsored