Sponsored

ATTENTION ALL - MUSTANG6G SOFTWARE MIGRATION THIS WEEKEND!!! - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Click on the post # box of the post you want to link. A pop-up box will appear, and then copy the link from there .Paste it into your post .
Not for me. I just get a link to the post inside the page its on. Looking for a link to JUST the post, not the rest of the page too.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Not for me. I just get a link to the post inside the page its on. Looking for a link to JUST the post, not the rest of the page too.
The pop-up box you get from hitting the post number box in the upper RH corner should say: "Permalink for Post #xxx"

Just copy that link and paste it where you want it. If you're using a cell phone, put the site into the "desktop site" mode.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That doesn't do what he is asking and I personally don't like the functionality he is asking for either, context is very important for forum posts.

From a quick search, does not look like that is something that Xenforo supports at all actually.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for a link to JUST the post, not the rest of the page too.
Why does it need to be stand alone? What I described gets you to a specific post, regardless if it's stand alone or shows up inside a thread.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why does it need to be stand alone? What I described gets you to a specific post, regardless if it's stand alone or shows up inside a thread.
Hate to give away all my secrets for free :wink:

Forums sometimes die. Forums sometimes delete very valuable information (which has happened here). Posters sometimes delete valuable information. For things that could fall into those categories, I save a page containing the post as an HTML file. It wastes space having lots of unimportant posts on the page that is saved.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Forums sometimes die. Forums sometimes delete very valuable information (which has happened here). Posters sometimes delete valuable information. For things that could fall into those categories, I save a page containing the post as an HTML file. It wastes space having lots of unimportant posts on the page that is saved.
I've literally never thought of that and it is actually a pretty damn good use of it.

Do you use the ability to select text at all though? If not, there are probably a number of extensions you can use to get good screenshots of it as either PNG or PDF.

You could also get a free code editor and start messing with the page source to save what you want if you want to to go the complicated route!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I just use the "Take a Screenshot" tool in Firefox, and it saves as a .png image file. Can't click links in the post, but I usually don't need to. Example below.

Screenshot.png

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just use the "Take a Screenshot" tool in Firefox, and it saves as a .png image file. Can't click links in the post, but I usually don't need to. Example below.

Screenshot.png
Pretty poor substitute. Not just links that are dead but its not searchable, either within it or an within a larger scope. Of course you can convert to PDF and OCR that but the point is all of that is extra work. I get it that YOU don't need it, but one size does not fit all.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've literally never thought of that and it is actually a pretty damn good use of it.
Thanks. Feel free to use (on other forums).

Do you use the ability to select text at all though? If not, there are probably a number of extensions you can use to get good screenshots of it as either PNG or PDF.
Yeah, and I use system wide searches to find related subjects because sometimes easier than navigating to folders they are in.

You could also get a free code editor and start messing with the page source to save what you want if you want to to go the complicated route!
HTML can be edited with notepad. So if I want to strip off the useless posts, I can do that but since pictures are embedded as character data, might wear out my scroll wheel navigating around them. :wink:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty poor substitute. Not just links that are dead but its not searchable, either within it or an within a larger scope. Of course you can convert to PDF and OCR that but the point is all of that is extra work. I get it that YOU don't need it, but one size does not fit all.
Just an idea, trying to help out ... doesn't mean you have to do it. :wink:

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I like the overall design. But on not fullscreen windows I have one third of the window just an empty gray area because of the adds on the top.
Please re-think the add Placement so the actual Content is using a greater amount of width. Reading through topics with so much dead space is annoying.

Here's a screenshot what I mean:
content.JPG
Shorter lines of text (similar to the page of a book) are better UI. They are easier to read since you are able to take in most of the line at once. You're less likely to get lost jumping back to the beginning of the line. That's a place I prefer this forum.

Can we increase the image file size, 2mb is a bit small ?
That seems like a pretty large image to be uploading to a forum. Learn to use an image editor and save it smaller. Most people wouldn't be able to view a jpg that big at full resolution without scrolling anyway.

That is a great use case. I'd probably print to PDF & then delete the superfluous pages. Or use firebug to delete the bits you don't need before saving the page as HTML.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That seems like a pretty large image to be uploading to a forum. Learn to use an image editor and save it smaller. Most people wouldn't be able to view a jpg that big at full resolution without scrolling anyway.
I use https://postimages.org/ to upload and thumbnail my images I link to in my posts, I should have specified that it was for our garage that I wanted larger images

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Dark Theme is now available! :rockon:

To toggle it, scroll down to the style selector at the bottom of each page, then choose "M6G - Dark" theme. It will "remember" your selection whether you are on desktop or mobile.

dark theme.png

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Another "feature" that we implemented last week (in case you haven't noticed) --

There are now AGGREGATED THREADS in the following forums:
  • GT350
  • Sponsor Classifieds
  • Member Classifieds

Aggregated threads are for forums with subforums. It combines all of the threads in the main-level forum with those of the subforum for quicker viewing. You can still go into the subforums to view only those threads relevant to that subforum and when you click on "Post New Thread" in the above 3 forums the system will prompt you to select which subforum you want to create the thread in.

Notice how the same thread from the 5.2L Engine Mods section shows up in the aggregated list in the GT350 main-level forum:

aggregated threads.png

aggregated threads-2.png

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The smilies need to have their background set to clear :frown:

Other than that the dark theme is awesome :rockon: