Sponsored

Need suggestions Sorting my Tire/Wheel Situation.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
HI All, found a great deal too good to resist so I now have 4 apex VS5 19x10's in the garage. I am one year in with the PP Stock wheels with quite a bit of thread left. I am open to suggestions on what you would do it you were in my shoes:

1. 275/40 or 285/35 on the new Apex wheels?
2. Sell the Stock wheel/tire or keep them for eventual all season/daily driver rotation (I live in Houston)?
3. Store the new wheels for now while using up the stock tires and wait for a great deal on new tires.
4. Partition off the stock set, reuse the tpms/ 275/40 tire on the new wheels, and try to sell what's left.

Continental has a $110 rebate promo good till the end of May so I am not in any rush to act.

Goals: Spirited weekend/errand runner with maybe once every two year track.

Thanks for chiming in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sell the current set to somebody local and slap some 285/35R19s on the apex wheels. Conti ECS?

Its houston, so theres barely any need for all-seasons.

rubyredponycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Ruby Red - 1st Mustang
I’m looking at some cheap tires for daily use and keep the 4s for the fun days. I’ll see about upgrading to the HP wheels and get more meat on the tires when they need a change.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Goals: Spirited weekend/errand runner with maybe once every two year track.
Forget tires, get your mind right about going to the track. Should be 5x a year minimum! :)

Supercar3, Conti ECS (or Force if you want to get carried away), or V730.

sachmo133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sell the current set to somebody local and slap some 285/35R19s on the apex wheels. Conti ECS?

Its houston, so theres barely any need for all-seasons.
This is the set up that I went with. I have SVE but 10” all around. They were about $300 cheaper than the PS4S so I went with them. Happy so far and with one track weekend. On my stock wheels with went with Conti All Season tires.

OP
OP
First Stang

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I am going with option 5:

A. Conti ECS02 285/35R19 x 4 wheels.($400 cheaper than the Michelins). So worth a try.
B. Keep the old ones around for eventual All season replacement. If for some unforeseen reason I have to sell the car, I will recover more by selling the apex separately.

Im now trying to figure out how I will store the old tires more efficiently.

Agree completely with an hpd day. Definitely on the checklist now that I have better shoes on the car.
Sponsored