Need some input D1x on A10 HO kit

Confuzed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kip
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10
I’ve got D1x head unit on 2018 A10 , HO kit.
Stock car minus resonator. Factory balancer 6.57 if not mistaken, and 4.00 blower pulley procharger said that should be 12-13 psi but I’m barely getting 10.5-11 shifting at 7600. Anyone running similar pulley size?impeller speed shows to be around 51180
Sponsored

OP
OP
Confuzed

Confuzed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kip
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10
Stock car minus resonator. Factory balancer 6.57 if not mistaken, and 4.00 blower pulley procharger said that should be 12-13 psi but I’m barely getting 10.5-11 shifting at 7600. Anyone running similar pulley size?impeller speed shows to be around 51180
Couplings have all been checked and belt does not seem to be slipping

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
How are you reading boost?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I'm going to ask a couple more questions..

How did you confirm there are no boost leaks?
What exhaust setup do you have? More free flowing will drop some psi.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Confuzed

Confuzed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kip
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10
S
I'm going to ask a couple more questions..

How did you confirm there are no boost leaks?
What exhaust setup do you have? More free flowing will drop some psi.
stock exhaust / cats/ mufflers. Just no resonator.
Checked all the clamps. Made sure couplings looked good. Typical old school wd40 around clamps etc. don’t really have any way of checking under pressure.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Are you using the ProFlo valve or did you upgrade? Check your vacuum/boost source to the BOV/Bypass valve. If its kinked or leaking, the valve won't stay shut under boost. Does your boost pressure "flutter" around that 11 psi mark? make sure your belt is tight enough, or switch to a griptec pulley to be sure it's not slipping. The only way to be certain you don't have a boost leak is to make a tester.

OP
OP
Confuzed

Confuzed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kip
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10
I’ll have to l
Are you using the ProFlo valve or did you upgrade? Check your vacuum/boost source to the BOV/Bypass valve. If its kinked or leaking, the valve won't stay shut under boost. Does your boost pressure "flutter" around that 11 psi mark? make sure your belt is tight enough, or switch to a griptec pulley to be sure it's not slipping. The only way to be certain you don't have a boost leak is to make a tester.
Upgraded to red race valve. No flutter. Yeah I think I’ll have to invest in tester.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I’ll have to l

Upgraded to red race valve. No flutter. Yeah I think I’ll have to invest in tester.
Just make one. Do you have a compressor?

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
It is only a 1/1.5 variance; I am sure it is giving you exactly what it is going to give you. Atmospherics can come into play as well as other small variables. Depending on vacuum source location you will also see a variance. I see a 1 to 2 pound difference between sourcing boost pre-intercooler vs post. I am sure everything is fine. You are chasing maybe a 10whp "problem" right now; it is going to drive you crazy trying to find something that isn't there. What they tell you it "should" make is best guess for an ideal situation under ideal conditions.

@ProChargerTECH can add more but my guess is you are seeing what you should see with that setup.

OP
OP
Confuzed

Confuzed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kip
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10
It is only a 1/1.5 variance; I am sure it is giving you exactly what it is going to give you. Atmospherics can come into play as well as other small variables. Depending on vacuum source location you will also see a variance. I see a 1 to 2 pound difference between sourcing boost pre-intercooler vs post. I am sure everything is fine. You are chasing maybe a 10whp "problem" right now; it is going to drive you crazy trying to find something that isn't there. What they tell you it "should" make is best guess for an ideal situation under ideal conditions.

@ProChargerTECH can add more but my guess is you are seeing what you should see with that setup.
No, not driving me crazy. Lol. It makes good power, just wasn’t sure if I should be looking better in case leak became worse or even if it is a leak. Definitely not loosing sleep over it.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
No, not driving me crazy. Lol. It makes good power, just wasn’t sure if I should be looking better in case leak became worse or even if it is a leak. Definitely not loosing sleep over it.
If it gets worse, you have a problem obviously, but boost leaks tend to show up then get worse really fast.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Rev to 8k and I'm sure you'll see your 12-13psi. D1X really takes off in the higher RPMs.

If you dont want to rev higher I would just drop a pulley size to be at where you want for 7600.

Simple way to check boost leaks is to spray starting fluid or brake clean around the couplings. If the engine RPM raises its leaking there. Technically that's checking for vacuum leak, but most of the time it will show where a boost leak is coming from too.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Chasing 1psi measured difference isn't worth the time and energy, as previously mentioned you are more than likely chasing a problem that isn't there.
Sponsored