Sponsored

Need some help guys...

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everybody. I’m freaking out and I need help in the worse kind of way.

Last week I installed an Edelbrock 2650 supercharger complete system. Since then I’ve had nothing but electrical demons.

When I first installed it, the car started right up and ran like a champ. Then we travelled for Christmas. When I came back the s%~* hit the fan.

First, I popped an iat2 high or out of range code. Talked back and forth with their tech presence here and determined that it’s likely a bad harness. They’ll send a new one out when they reopen on the 2nd. I have to work next week so I pulled the maf split apart and soldered the T connector because they just had it crimped in shrink wrap. Now I have a reading under IAT in my gauges. Cool.

BUT...once I finished that, I then started getting a P0223 throttle position sensor code. The car was running fine before the iat code, and now I have a wrench light and I can’t do more than idle. All connections are solid and continuity checks out on the extension.

WTF?!? Did my tb seriously just die overnight? Can anything else cause this?

Need help please! I’m freaking out and regretting ever touching it because it’s my daily.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Throttle feedback loss of signal causes ECU (ECM, PCM same thing) limp mode (wrench) and little more than idle can be achieved. That needs to be your first avenue of resolve. If you have an SCT device you can create a config file to observe all throttle command and feedback positions with KOEO through livelink II datalogging software. This could help narrow down the issue. Guessing you have a wiring harness issue or a bad feedback sensor on the TB. But that is ONLY a spit in the wind hypothesis at this point. You may also be able to set up gauge monitoring on your handheld programmable device and observe throttle pos commanded and throttle pos actual to verify the code.

I see you resolved the IAT issue. Figured it was a harness issue. May likely be the same on the TB unit,

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve talked to Edelbrock tech online and they’re sending both the IAT and TB extension harnesses overnight Tuesday when they reopen. Talking with a local Ford tech, it sounds like my tune got corrupted and I’ll need a stock flash at a dealership and then flash back to the Edelbrock tune.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
What makes you think the factory flash was corrupted? Are you having issues with the tune loading? Are you using an SCT X4? I was recently updating a tune revision from my tuner and was forced to update the firmware on the tuner which required me to flash the factory flash back to the ECU to protect it. After doing so I tried flashing the new program in and it failed forcing me to reflash the ECU again back to stock. So I cleared the tune from the X4 and reloaded it onto the device and then reflashed again and aside from getting the IAT2 out of range (which cleared when the X4 cleared the P codes and having to perform crank trigger relearn which is not uncommon with X4 according to my local speed shop, everything went fine. It just took forever. I plan on going with Lund and their Ngauge this spring. Sorry I have no prints on the S550 or I wold help you ring things out if you needed some. Sounds like you got it covered though.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium

Last week I installed an Edelbrock 2650 supercharger complete system. Since then I’ve had nothing but electrical demons.

When I first installed it, the car started right up and ran like a champ. Then we travelled for Christmas. When I came back the s%~* hit the fan.

First, I popped an iat2 high or out of range code. Talked back and forth with their tech presence here and determined that it’s likely a bad harness. They’ll send a new one out when they reopen on the 2nd. I have to work next week so I pulled the maf split apart and soldered the T connector because they just had it crimped in shrink wrap. Now I have a reading under IAT in my gauges. Cool.

BUT...once I finished that, I then started getting a P0223 throttle position sensor code. The car was running fine before the iat code, and now I have a wrench light and I can’t do more than idle. All connections are solid and continuity checks out on the extension.

Need help please! I’m freaking out and regretting ever touching it because it’s my daily.
you may get more response if you post in forced induction section!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@ugstang17 I think the iat and tb harnesses can explain my 2 cel/wrench light codes. What DOESNT make sense still is why now my BLIS, cross traffic alert, and advance track now show faults.

@tws123 true, but this isn’t strictly a forced induction issue, this seems to be all electrical/tune based.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
@ugstang17 I think the iat and tb harnesses can explain my 2 cel/wrench light codes. What DOESNT make sense still is why now my BLIS, cross traffic alert, and advance track now show faults.

@tws123 true, but this isn’t strictly a forced induction issue, this seems to be all electrical/tune based.
Hmmmmmmm...Are you certain you provided them with the correct 411 for the tune? I am still trying to get a handle on this S550 stuff. It's completely different than the S197's. I have noticed that some tuners like VMP seek the part number off the ECU to build the tune for the car. Other's like the company I chose simply needed the VIN from the car and not the ECU 411. In both cases an SCT X4 is used. So I don't know if the S550 ECU could inadvertently try to load the tune and do it somewhat successfully but generate all of these issues whereas the S197 would have rejected the load. It is also possible that the tune was corrupted when the tuner compiled it. I have seen that happen on one occasion on a prior car.

Something else to consider is the voltage level on the car when the tune is loading. You may wish to put a tender or charger on the car while loading if you have not. I had to do that on my last revision for the load to complete properly. Last and certainly not least I have noticed that the tune loading process on these cars takes FOREVER! with an SCT X4 compared to the S197's. I simply had to walk away from the car until it was complete. Timed it and the load took over 11 minutes to finish with all of the CEL resets and so forth and I still had to reteach the crank trigger with the handheld.

JC - Have you reflashed to stock and then just tried loading again? On more occasion my tune failed to load forcing me to reflash the stock tune. When I attempted to load the tune again it finally took. Don't get concerned if you see the IAT2 and crank trigger (p0315 i think) the IAT will clear and the relearn on the X4 will resolve the P0315 if you get that.

I'm going to have to find the shop manuals if I keep this over complicated vehicle. I sure wish I had simply put the cash I made off my 14 in the bank, sat through the winter and then bought a nice 13/14 GT500 come early spring.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@ugstang17 yes they had me pull ecu strategy and swpn off the ecu with the x4 before sending me the tune. Only thing I had to do was set the 3.55 ratio before the flash. The first one went through no problem, but the second not so much (Tech support told me to try going stock and reloading). I had the car to full charge with a starter right before that because I was worried about battery drain.

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
m

ake sure your connection is snug at the throttle body. that happened to me before.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@craigsix definitely snug and tried with a second tb just to make sure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
After I had a chance to calm down, took a trip back home on my lunch break. The handshake faults (traction, blis, cross traffic) are gone. Maybe they just needed time to communicate? Last time I flashed it I had a 24hr install that followed.

I also took my 85mm bbk and hooked it directly to the FACTORY harness, bypassing the extension. No wrench light. No codes of any kind. Maybe it’s just the 2 Edelbrock harnesses? Breathing a little more steadily now. Hope it lasts.

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
I have had a reversed wire in a Edelbrock E-force TB harness on a 2005 Mustang GT.Car threw throttle accutator codes and after trying another TB found that the issue was in the harness.Repaired the harness issue sloved been running strong ever since.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
After I had a chance to calm down, took a trip back home on my lunch break. The handshake faults (traction, blis, cross traffic) are gone. Maybe they just needed time to communicate? Last time I flashed it I had a 24hr install that followed.

I also took my 85mm bbk and hooked it directly to the FACTORY harness, bypassing the extension. No wrench light. No codes of any kind. Maybe it’s just the 2 Edelbrock harnesses? Breathing a little more steadily now. Hope it lasts.
So you are running the 85mm BBK with the kit correct? Or is this a backup TB you just tried to see if the problem followed the TB or stayed with the harness side? If I am following you correctly your method is solid on eliminating the probable faults down, but some clarity lacks as to ig the BBK is a backup or the TB you are going to use and was in place when you were getting the limp mode failure.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@ugstang17 it’s a backup. I had it on while NA but Edelbrock told me it would have issues if used with their tune. Just didn’t want to take the stock 80 off.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^ gotcha. So it sounds like 98% confirmed harness related. Hang onto that 85mm in case you ever decide to turn to VMP or Lund to retune. They can tune for that TB. May be worth a few HP.
Sponsored