RADARB8

***** Troll
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
My wife and I just closed on our first home last weekend, and will be gradually making some improvements and moving in over the next month. It's always been my dream to have an awesome garage setup - not just for storing/wrenching on vehicles, but as a place to hang out and use as my "man cave". Would love to hear ideas and see pictures of how others have their garages set up. Our garage is a 3-car, approximately 685 sq. ft. and we only have her Scion and my Mustang, which leaves an entire bay open. I'd love to throw 4 post lift in, but don't have the ceiling height, or the true need at this point.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I just closed on our first home last weekend, and will be gradually making some improvements and moving in over the next month. It's always been my dream to have an awesome garage setup - not just for storing/wrenching on vehicles, but as a place to hang out and use as my "man cave". Would love to hear ideas and see pictures of how others have their garages set up. Our garage is a 3-car, approximately 685 sq. ft. and we only have her Scion and my Mustang, which leaves an entire bay open. I'd love to throw 4 post lift in, but don't have the ceiling height, or the true need at this point.
:thumbsup:
dfb4e4ce4a23ae621f776b683982b17a.jpg

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Hey lemers WTF. How did you get a picture of the garage at my vacation home.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey lemers WTF. How did you get a picture of the garage at my vacation home.
Since you don't drive a Camaro; i'll considered this a :lie:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
So hate to burst your first time homeowners bubble but you don't have an extra stall. You have two for your cars and one for all the crap you will require as a home owner. Mowers, snowblowers, bikes, trikes, strollers, yada yada yada. You want a spare stall then you need 4 OR even better an outbuilding with a couple extra garage stalls. :cool:

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
"man cave" is so over played.

Your garage needs a few things.

* good workbench 3ft deep by 6ft wide.
* vice mounted to that work bench
* some sort of tool box
* plenty of shelves for parts, chemicals, and tools that dont fit in the box
* Speakers hooked up to some music source
* refrigerator
* chairs to sit in the driveway and be neighborly

* BONUS = TV

Seriously...keep it simple. Dont try and make the cover of Home and Garage Magazine.

Function trumps bells and whistles.

08mojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2008 Z06
I don't have the ceiling height in my garage for a true lift. The best solution for me (and one the best 'tools' I've ever bought) is a quick jack.

28990471981_6476c788c3_h.jpg

The other thing I recommend is lighting, LOTS of lighting. I don't have great picture of the light setup in my garage, but I no longer need a flashlight to work on the car--that also includes being underneath the car. You can kind of get a general idea of the lights in this picture. Each light has a switch (at the light itself) so they can be turned on or off individually.

28990498871_b73c8feacb_h.jpg

As for the man cave, I am fortunate enough to have another room to use as my 'man-cave.'

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
You get a good set of tools your garage will become the go-to spot for repairs and mods. That's all you really need. A good low pro jack, air tools, various other tools and you'll be good.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
One pic inside of my shop taken last year…I thought I had a couple more on my phone but they must have gotten dumped. You’ll have to depend on my description for the rest:

My air compressor was behind me in the corner to the left, which sits next to the walk door. Next to the walk door there is a 5.5’ wide overhead door to accommodate servicing the lawn mower and such, with a pedestal grinder between. To the left of the Cougar next to the small overhead there is 12’ of steel shelving containing all the usual car care chemicals, oil, filters, manuals, and such. A pressure washer resides between the big overhead doors. To the right of the three bikes there are two more bikes, and a large metal shelf (essentially a light duty pallet rack) housing shop lights, vacuums, old stereo, brewing equipment, and other miscellaneous. Next to that along the back wall is my engine stand, a workbench with a drill press mounted at one end and a vise on the other with another smaller rolling bench nested under it, a parts washer, my rolling tool chest, and the air compressor. Almost everything I need, all I’m missing is some sort of lift (the one shown above would do nicely), which has always been a dream.

I had about a year to plan this garage, and due to building constraints I was limited to 1000 square feet, so I made it 33x30’ (I wanted 30x40’) and laid out everything in CAD for maximum effect.
shop.jpg

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Congrats on your new home! TV, speakers and a fridge and you're done!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
LOL, there's a small fridge under the pallet rack, a TV on a wall mount, and the old stereo on the rack.

All I neglected was to run water out there so I could have a urinal and sink. :frusty: Heated and humidity controlled. The daily drivers reside in the garage attached to the house.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
Good overhead lighting, laundry sink, mini fridge, area for detailing supplies, something to play some tunes (bluetooth speaker?), workbench/tool storage, good fan (or heater for you northern folks)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If you need decoration I recommend Hobby Lobby.

Seriously, they have at least 2 dozen different Mustang metal signs along with mirrors, posters, etc. I've raided that store multiple times and I still find new Mustang and Ford stuff every time! Plus, every week they have a sale on something so if you catch the "metal signs" sale it's 50% off.
Sponsored