Sponsored

Need help!! Mantic clutch issue.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
My pedal is medium high. I don't have to get anywhere near the floor to shift. I like it that way because I can shift fast as fuck. If I had to guess at 50 to 75 percent towards the floor I'm fully disengaged.
yea im right on the floor I think but will measure tonight.
Sponsored

FoMoCoMoFo16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 2003 Cobra
If your pedal is that low it's probably air in the slave cylinder compressing.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
If your pedal is that low it's probably air in the slave cylinder compressing.
well its not as low as I thought once I started looking. I also checked as best I could the overstocking condition by not pressing the pedal all he way down and it seemed to make a big difference. I went ahead and ordered the adjustable pedal stop from Mantic. I'll install it and see how it goes.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
My car is doing the same thing, just installed a mantic cerametalic clutch and have been fighting getting the car into gear and having to blip the throttle to get the car out of gear. Having spent $2300 and all that time passing with issues and the same exact problem is still there?

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
My car is doing the same thing, just installed a mantic cerametalic clutch and have been fighting getting the car into gear and having to blip the throttle to get the car out of gear. Having spent $2300 and all that time passing with issues and the same exact problem is still there?
The adjustable pedal stop made a big diff for me. The hatefulness is still there but overall I think it’s just a characteristic of this race clutch. It doesn’t do this stuff under load or when your really driving. Only in the driveway basically. It’s a hateful clutch for drivability, no doubt.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The adjustable pedal stop made a big diff for me. The hatefulness is still there but overall I think it’s just a characteristic of this race clutch. It doesn’t do this stuff under load or when your really driving. Only in the driveway basically. It’s a hateful clutch for drivability, no doubt.
Do you find the flywheel to be a bit too light for daily use? I reckon it’d go better with a steel flywheel personally.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Do you find the flywheel to be a bit too light for daily use? I reckon it’d go better with a steel flywheel personally.
Totally. She’s a performer tho!

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Also my clutch has a marble like sound that goes away when I press the clutch in. It's pretty noticeable even with catless headers

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Update : I pulled the trans and bench bled the tob, and sure enough there was a good amount of air in it. I also added a very small amount of lithium grease to the input shaft of the trans while I had it out. All the problems of being stuck in gear are gone it's as smooth as butter now. Feels pretty much like stock. I noticed when I was bleeding the cluch line this time it took way less pumping to get a firm pedal, the first time took like 100 the second time took like 15 and I had a firm pedal.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Update : trans is coming out, again. I still have all the same problems. Car won't shift at lower rpms. Also makes a constant sanding sound at idle. Talked to Geoff at mantic and he wants me to send the clutch back to him so he can check it out. At this point I wish I would have bought another clutch. If I had to pay a shop to remove and install this thing I would be out like 2 grand. Plus there's no guarantee it will be fixed when I get it back on top of me paying a shit load to ship it here to him and back, smdh

Sponsored
OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Update. Mantic rebuilt the clutch and i got new disks and at the same time I replaced the transmission with a factory rebuild from Ford under warranty and everything is perfect now. A close friend also had his transmission replaced from ford and he's issues went away as well.

MacKinnon654

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can't believe more people are having this issue. Makes me feel a little better knowing that it's likely not an install issue.
Sponsored