Sponsored

Need help deciding which procharger

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I would say if you KNOW you will want more you may as well get the d1x. I mean the d1x will still be fun right ? that 1600 dollar difference is a good chunk of the forged shortblock and then you can really turn it up. Most of us I would say will always want more but if you really DON’T then yeah go with the smaller kit. Do you really not want more ?
Wanting more and actually making more is two totally different things.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The difference in Price between the P1x & the D1x is $250 not $1600.. and yes if your scared to turn it Way up or just want to be a little more conservative Get the P1x its a stout head unit.. If sometime down the line you want to break 1000 hp get the D1x. When I bought my stang i said let me just do an N/A build but in doing so i put opg’s and a billet crank sprocket just in case i decided to go boosted later. I also put in ford racing 1500 hp halfshafts in and I built my suspension to handle more power then i had just in case I decided to go boosted. I also put a 3” exhaust on it just in case I decided to go boosted. Well guess what? i went boosted and my car was already set up to handle the extra power. It was easy to just bolt the D1x on & have it tuned. Now i have almost twice the power with room for much more. Power is an addicting drug, once you take a hit your hooked, so cover your ass now or pay more later! Ps: I’m already thinking about a forged short block as well!!

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The difference in Price between the P1x & the D1x is $250 not $1600
when you buy the PC new, the upgrade from the P1X to the D1X can be had for $200-$250, depending on the retailer. but if you have a P1X and want to exchange it for a D1X, it is in the ballpark of $1800.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah if you already have a P1x and its $1800 to upgrade to a D1x thats a bit much. Its only worthwhile if your shooting for a car that will run mid to low 8’s. But For street fun and occasional track use, keep the P1x, you can make 900 hp easily with the right supporting mods.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Oh yeah if you already have a P1x and its $1800 to upgrade to a D1x thats a bit much. Its only worthwhile if your shooting for a car that will run mid to low 8’s. But For street fun and occasional track use, keep the P1x, you can make 900 hp easily with the right supporting mods.
When I was getting my built motor installed I was actually considering upgrading my D1SC to a D1X, but I knew that I wasn't gonna be making more than 850 wheel, since my motor isn't sleeved, and the D1SC is more than capable of making that power. Not really worth upgarding unless your D1SC is maxed out and you are shooting for more power. It's funny too that the P1x has a higher HP rating than the D1SC if you look at the spec sheet even though it flows less CFM.

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
That’s bad. What’s worse is that they put a new blower on and they proceed to badmouth the Procharger in every Facebook post for the foreseeable future.
That's why people have to truly research how each type makes power. I came from the Fiesta ST platform and the stock turbo had torque come on in the lower rpms. Hybrid turbo spooled similar, so the torque came down low like stock, except more horsepower, in which a PD blower would act. I wanted more hp, so I went big turbo. That turbo reached peak torque about 1200 rpms later, which is how a centri blower would act.

It's sad that people would badmouth something that is quite good for what it's designed for. If someone makes a choice and it didn't fit their expectations, it's not the blowers fault. It's the lack of research on the part of the person buying it. I got the Whipple, it's got it's faults, but I know what to expect and so far it's delivered on my expectations.

Last edited:

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Wanting more and actually making more is two totally different things.
yes very valid point. It’s one of those things you gotta be honest with yourself.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
If I had it to do over again I would have gone the P1x route instead. The D1x is a monster and pulls unbelievably hard in the upper range but you will sacrifice mid and low.
@whatsup62 Wanna trade? I need me a D1X lol

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Procharger Swap Meet today on 6g forums, any takers?... there will be a 6% of the price difference fee for each swap completed..lol

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I have a D1SC laying around now collecting dust. When you finally realize the blower just won't get you there...gotta upgrade and just be mad at yourself.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I have a D1SC laying around now collecting dust. When you finally realize the blower just won't get you there...gotta upgrade and just be mad at yourself.
How fast did you go with the d1sc?

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Also depends on the altitude you live at. I went d1x because I'm in Denver and wanted to make 8xxwhp. The d1x is a beast of a blower

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Serious question cause I just don't know, mentioned in thread.
When hang on units were put on 2 valve Mustangs at idle they sounded like they were falling apart.
Do the Prochargers sound the same at idle?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
How fast did you go with the d1sc?
I'm a speed guy so 142mph in the 1/4 and 176mph in the 1/2. I wanted to to get over 180 in the half mile and just couldn't get there. Was stuck in the low-mid 170s.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Serious question cause I just don't know, mentioned in thread.
When hang on units were put on 2 valve Mustangs at idle they sounded like they were falling apart.
Do the Prochargers sound the same at idle?
Yes a straight cut procharger sounds like it’s grinding up small pebbles mixed with a 350 chevy that has a squeaky alternator belt.

Sounds awesome imo
Sponsored

Last edited: